.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, January 19, 2009

NEWS FLASH!!!!!

If you have read my last post, you know that Crystal left this morning with my old car. What you don't know is that my oldest son, Daniel, called me a few weeks ago and asked if I still had the engagement ring that I had told him he could have when the time came. The diamond in the ring is from my grandmother's engagement ring (his great-grandmother) and I had it reset for my engagement ring. The stone (in a ring) is more than one hundred years old. The stone itself is, of course, millions of years old.

Anyway, he asked if I would hide the ring in the glove compartment of the car when Crystal came to pick it up. I did that without her knowledge. I got a call from him a little while ago and he told me that he just couldn't wait for her to get home. Picture this....Crystal is driving down, or up, the interstate after dark and Dan calls her and tells her to look in the glove compartment. Had it been me in this situation, I would have been weaving all over the road. ;)

She said yes, and it does a mother's heart good to have all of her children find love in this world with a very special person. Good for you, Daniel and Crystal!

I once again bid you goodnight...........what a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment