.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Football???

I generally don't watch football on TV, but it's been a slow afternoon so I turned on the tube. My oldest son, Dan, is a dyed in the wool Steeler's fan and they happened to be starting a game. In the first few minutes, two scores were made so I decided maybe it would be interesting enough to listen to. Of course, I continued to do some surfing on the web, vacuumed the motor home, and took Emma out for another lesson. We are starting the down command today and she is not thrilled.

It has been windy and unseasonably cold today. The first half of our daily constitutional was aided by a stiff tailwind out of the north. Of course that meant that the walk back was against the biting wind and I had to use one hand to hold my hood closed. My brother sent me an email that said Chicago got ten inches of snow yesterday, so I guess I can't complain.
After the walk, I was the first one into the laundry room for the day. By the time I got my clothes into the driers, there was a Que of four people trying to do their wash. I don't think I'll have such a challenge getting my laundry done at my next two assignments as there won't be as many volunteers. That's a mixed blessing...easy to get the laundry done, but not as many great people to interact with.

I had issues with this site and the Internet, so it is now after 9:00 and I'll try to continue. Apparently I can only upload one picture, so of course it is of one of the other species of birds here on the refuge. These are long-billed curlews...

Between attempts to post this, the Steelers trounced San Diego. Dan will be very happy. Since I grew up in Chicago, I'm obviously a Bear's fan and also have said I won't die until the Cubs win a World Series. It may be that I will live forever! ;)

Emma has a few comments about today:

What is up with my human? It's not enough that I now daintily exit the motor home after her, walk without pulling on the leash, try to ignore all of those wild distractions on this refuge, and sit dutifully before partaking in my meals; but now she wants me to lay down on her command! Doesn't she understand that this is a real sign of submission? I've been trying to gain control of this environment, and now she thinks she is Alpha in this small pack. What will happen next? If only I could figure out how to put her in her place....

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

2 comments:

  1. With you putting only one photo in your blog, it printed with the text. Before none of the other pics would print.
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what's up with that. Uploading pictures is never a quick prossess and last night the first one loaded easily, but I gave up after a half hour trying to upload any others. I'll see what happens when I move on down the road next week. I'll also have my antennae and booster back by then.

    ReplyDelete