.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, January 25, 2009

McKinney Falls State Park

At 6:00 in the morning on Saturday, the cold front began to move through. The winds were strong enough to wake me up with the rocking of the motorhome. Not a good day for birdwatching...I spent most of the day on the computer with a few breaks for power walks around the campground to expend Emma's energy and get my cardio in for the day. A group of five Airstream campers came in in the afternoon and I was surrounded. They were going to stay for several days and were interested in my site since there were no trees covering my rig. One of the rigs couldn't get satellite coverage because of the tree canopy over their rig at their site. I let them know that I would be pulling out in the morning.

As I hooked up the toad and headed out shortly after nine, the Airstream motorhome had it's motor running and was ready to move to my site. I waved as I went by and headed for the dump station. After one missed turn and 161.5 miles, I settled in at McKinney Falls State Park in Austin, TX. I gave my sister a call and she and Stanley arrived about two hours later. They are in the site next to me. We made plans this evening to take a trip into Austin to visit the Capitol Building and other sites in town for tomorrow. They have two dogs, so Emma was introduced to George and Mitsy. Emma was her usual exuberant self, much to the chagrin of the more sedate and older canines.

I'm looking forward to the next nine days touring with someone besides myself.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment