.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Housekeeping Sunday & Bayside Drive

I generally like to do my laundry on Sunday. I work on Saturday, and Sunday is the first of my three days off, so I like to get all the domestic chores out of the way. Besides the wash, I also started up the motorhome to keep the battery charged, ran the generator for its once a month workout, and did a major vacuuming job. I can't understand why Emma isn't bald considering all the hair that she sheds! I also restocked the orange halves that I put out for the birds and transferred everything from the old car to the new.

Along about 4:30, I packed Emma and my camera into the new car and headed out for Bayside drive. I like to do the 15 mile loop late in the afternoon when the sun is behind me.
The Yuccas are beginning to bloom. Their peak blooming period is in February, but I won't be here then.
I have a favorite spot on the drive...it is an inlet to Pelican Lake and this year with all of the water, there always seems to be something interesting in the inlet. Tonight it was a Reddish Egret:
The winds were calm, so it provided a great reflection.
I'll be leaving here in a little under three weeks. I know I'll miss all the bird life.
It has been in the eighties for the last few days, but right now at 11:30, the winds have kicked up from the north. A front is approaching and we may be getting some more rain. I leave you with a sunset shot from two nights ago.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy....I'm experiencing the recurrent problem of no spaces between paragraphs. Don't know how to fix that.


2 comments:

  1. I am so envious of your travels. You really know how to live life to the fullest Mom. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Robyn. I AM enjoying myself and so glad I "took to the road". Love you too, kiss Avery for me.......Mom

    ReplyDelete