.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An historic inauguration & the toad is ready...

I put aside chores to get ready to leave in order to watch the Presidential Inauguration this morning. What a time to live in history! Whether or not you voted for Borrack Obama (I'm not sure I spelled his name correctly), it was an historic occurrence. I had to watch. It was a stirring experience, to say the least, when you consider the last forty years. I am proud to be a citizen of the United States of America.

I did call Elliff Motors this morning, and the work on the new Focus was done. I waited until after the Washington ceremonies to pick up the car. Then I spent most of the afternoon doing grocery shopping, getting a supply of rawhide in for Emma, and going to Baker's Acres for oranges and grapefruit to share with my sister next week.

When I got back, I joined a bunch of the other volunteers for some social time since it was a gorgeous late afternoon and we were able to sit outside in the warm temperatures without any mosquitoes. I had to leave the impromptu gathering to try to get reservations at Choke Canyon State Park for three nights when I leave on Thursday. While I often don't make reservations, it seems necessary at this time of year in Texas. Eventually, I was successful with that venture, so I'll head out on Thursday for about a two hundred mile drive to the park. I stopped there for one night in '07 on my way down to the valley, but since it was only an overnight stay, I didn't get to explore the park much.

My last bird tour is tomorrow and then I will be done with my work stint here. I am ready to move on.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment