.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, May 3, 2010

Revamping the itinerary, again

My plans for today were to visit the historic Fort Gibson, and the Honey Springs Battlefield.  I'm sure glad I checked the Internet this morning to get directions.  Guess what?  Neither place is open on Mondays.  Rats!  Oh well, guess I'll have to stay at this beautiful campground another day.  :)  I can manage that.  It will put me a day behind in my travels to Minnesota though.  Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but my daughter and one granddaughter are flying up from Chicago on Saturday to visit Andy, his family, and me on Saturday, and I'm supposed to pick them up at the Rochester airport.  I don't know what time they're scheduled to arrive, but I may not be pulling in to Andy's house until Saturday.  I'm sure we'll work something out. Perhaps Andy or their father could pick them up.

One of the strange things about this campground is that I get very good air card reception, but little to no cell phone reception.  Both devices are from Sprint, so I don't quite understand that.  I wonder if it has something to do with my new laptop?  Since I got it, my air card seems to work much better, but I have a new phone as well.  Hmmm, any ideas out there?  Tonight's post won't be as late as they have been lately because I'm actually typing away outside and am not tied to the Wilson antenna and amplifier.  The new laptop has a four hour battery life, so this is an experiment for me.  Since I like to stay outside with Emma until dusk, wouldn't it be great if I could just post outside?  We'll see what happens.

Only a couple of pictures tonight, as I spent most of the day taking Emma on walks and reading a new book.  It's a rough life out here!  :-)

Many little birds were fluttering about over my head this afternoon.  Among them was a male yellow warbler.  They glean insects off of the leaves and bark of the trees.  Several blue-gray gnatcatchers were about also, but getting a picture of them is like getting a picture of the wind.  They don't hold still for a moment.

This is not a spectacular photo, but it sure depicts how these little warblers bend and twist and keep their wings going in order to pluck a little lunch out of the trees.  :)

I hope the fine weather continues tomorrow so I can show you some of the historic sites in this area.  Oh, a flock of cedar waxwings just flew into the tree above my head.  Spring migration is certainly exciting for a bird watcher.  I'm really liking this posting outside!

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

1 comment:

  1. We had the same situation the other day: aircard worked fine but the cell phones didn't, both are with Verizon! Can't figure it out either. Same laptops and cells we've been using all along!

    Have fun at all of the historic spots! Great warbler pics, because they move almost as fast the blue gray gnat catchers! :) Good shot of the Spice Bush Swallowtail butterfly, they don't sit very long either!

    ReplyDelete