.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, May 23, 2010

And the beat goes on...

The saga of my weekend woes continues.  :(  Temperatures were once again in the high eighties and muggy today.  The temp inside the rig when I got up was 79*, which is six degrees warmer than I like it.  It's impossible to clean my glasses on my tee shirt because it is so soaked with perspiration.  :)  Andy came over about 8:00 this morning to help me get started on transferring everything from the outside storage compartments.  I have done quite a bit of purging of unused items on this move.  It's hard to believe I had so much stuff crammed into that 29' rig, and still was withing the weight range of the vehicle.

Andy suggested I just drive the old rig in "as is" without cleaning it first since they be will detailing it anyway, but I told him that's not how I do things.  It took us until noon to get all the unloading and loading done, and I was hungry!  After lunch, Andy and the boys took a nap.  I tried to cool down a bit, and then started on the inside cleaning.  It had been over four years since I'd seen the area behind the drawers I had put in to replace the removed passenger's seat.  You can imagine the build up of grime in that area.  Dang, that was hot sweaty work!  By the time I finished, Andy returned with a shop vac and gave all the outside storage compartments a once over.  I must say that the rig looked pretty good, considering I'd lived in it fulltime for four years.  What a relief it was to be done with emptying and cleaning the old rig!!

So, what were the further woes you might ask?  Well, throughout the day I noticed several things.  First, was the fact that when I tried to use the outside outlet to plug in the vacuum cleaner, it didn't work.  Second, when I tried to make some toast for my lunchtime sandwich, that outlet didn't work.  And finally, I noticed that the ice maker was no longer making ice (it had made ice yesterday).  So....I took the advice of a comment from Jack, and decided I would try to solve some of these problems myself.  I got out all the owner's manuals and read everything on the electrical system and generator.  I checked every circuit breaker (they were all OK).  Then I checked the ground circuit; it was OK but I reset it anyway.  Next was the about 50 fuses located in several places.  They were all fine.  I unplugged and re-plugged the electric current.  Then I took the cover off of the generator and reset the circuit breakers there even though they weren't tripped.  I once again tried to start the gen, and nothing happened.  :(  All that checking and resetting also did nothing for the malfunctioning outlets.  I then gave up on solving these problems myself.  I gave the good old college try, but to no avail.  :(

After I was satisfied with the looks of the old rig,  I drove it to Universal and dropped it off in their service line drop off area.  Andy followed in a car with the boys, and we returned home. 

Now my list of things for the dealership is a page long in my list tablet!  Tonight I have to make a final push to get all the miscellaneous items that are scattered throughout the rig secured.  I hope to be on the road by 8:30 tomorrow morning on my way to Universal Marine and RV.  I am taking Emma (aka Wild Child) with me.  We will both take up residence in the waiting area until all problems are resolved.  Perhaps between my scowling countenance and my companion's unflagging energy, it will provide incentive for them to get things done quickly.  One can only hope.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

7 comments:

  1. Well, I've got my finger crossed for you & hope all problems are resolved tomorrow. Not a nice way to get started with your newer rig that's for sure. All the best & don't take no sass from them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atta girl! You know they will try to shortcut you if they think they can get by with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you sure had a day of hot , hard work day, it will be worth it though when they find the electrical problem, since you don't have a/c and some outlets, I am leaning to it being the transfer switch that transfers 120 volts from the house to the generator when your not hooked up. sometimes when these switches fail you lose 120 volt power to everything. Do you have plans on where your taking your new home for it's shakedown voyage? Sam is planning on taking our 5th wheel to Lake Sherwood and camping with Rigg's till Donna gets off work Saturday night, She will come out and spend Sunday and Monday at the Lake then. Hope you have it fixed real quick. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH man the curse/blessing of a new rig. Hang in there. Give em heck. Emma's got your back :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so sorry you had a hot and frusrating day! Amazing how warm/hot it can get in MN. Too bad you can't sleep in your basement like we did when we lived up there for a couple of years. Can we say triple-digit temps in northern MN and no A/C? I feel for ya. Hang in there and make 'em do it right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy,

    What am I doing wrong? Whenever I visit your blog I have to wade through a bunch of old ones to get to the current one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what. I think it is good that you have had this time to try things out. Hopefully before you go everything will be working like a charm and you won't have to worry about it in the middle of Yellowstone.

    ReplyDelete