.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, May 10, 2010

Anxiously excited!

The dreary, cold, and windy weather returned again today.  Add to that some showers in the late afternoon, and it resulted in a pretty much inside day.  Andy and his family were busy with things to do today, so I just hunkered down and cleaned the inside of the rig and did some more investigating on the computer.

The subject of my investigation has to do with my dream to purchase a new (to me) rig.  After four years on the road, I'm hoping to upgrade a bit.  I've been happy with my Winnebago Sightseer, but I'm thinking of the future and what would make me most comfortable in my travels and beyond.  I have a particular rig in mind, and want to be fully prepared to bargain with the dealer.  I'm not interested in trying to sell this rig on my own, but will use it as a trade in.  The rig I want to check out won't be at the dealer's until a week from tomorrow, so I'm anxious and excited about the prospect.  I remember how excited I was as I prepared to go fulltime, and this is almost the same.  I'll have to do some purging, but not nearly as much as before.  No garage sales this time!

Robyn and Phoebe will be flying back to Chicago tomorrow morning.  They have been using my toad to get around while they've been here.  I'll be taking the car into Rochester tomorrow to get the estimate on the repairs from my mishap in Kansas City, and I think I'll stop by the RV dealer to see the pictures the sales manager has on the rig I'm interested in.  :)  I also want to talk to him about prices.  So, tomorrow I'll either be very excited or very disappointed.  Wish me luck!  Either way, I know life goes on...

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

9 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck. I think I dislike buying and selling of a vehicle more than anything else on earth. I hope you have great success and get a terrific deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, thinking about a new rig!
    I know from experience this spring: it is great fun to have a new "home"!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Kathy
    PS A Swainson's Thrush has arrived in our campground in Williamsburg, VA and he's doing his "echo call"! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,

    We wish you luck and hope your new dream comes true. Getting a new home is very exciting. :-)

    Jim and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck and We wish you success in acheiving your dream, after all that's what this life is about, following your dream's, even if this particular unit doesn't pan out, follow your dream and it will come true. Good things happen to good people, We firmly believe in this, if you live a good life you will be rewarded. Be safe out there Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW EXCITING! I have a close friend that works at an RV dealership and can help with the pricing if it's not too late. Send me an e-mail if you get this soon enough KatieDean at Comcast dot net.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it New?

    Trade in sounds so much better than trying to sell on your own. You have to much traveling to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purging is not good for you. You should see a psychologist about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand your excitement b/c...I bought a new rig (to me) today! Another 5vr, gained 3 more feet, a newer year, and 3 slides. It's immaculate and pulls really great. Am going to Branson this weekend to try her out. When are you going to do the "reveal" of what you're looking at? If you're going to have to do some purging, are you downsizing a bit? Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete