.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rain, rain, go away...

It was another rainy cold day today here in the neighborhood, and there are at least two more days of the same in the forecast.  :(  So, today I headed out to take the toad into Rochester for the estimate for the repairs to the damage to the bumper and wheel well.  Of course, I forgot to bring along the receipt for the new tire I purchased in Kansas City, so I'll have to make another trip back to the repair facility tomorrow with the receipt in hand.  They can't proceed with the insurance company without that receipt.  I wish I hadn't forgotten it.

Afterwards, I stopped at Universal Marine and RV to talk about the rig I have in mind.  Several people have commented on what I have in mind and whether it's new or used.  It will be a new rig to me, but not brand new.  I'm looking at a 2008 WINNEBAGO ADVENTURER LIMITED.  You can click on the highlighted name to see what it looks like.  (I hope this works, it's the first time I've tried to include a link).  The rig I'm interested in is the 37' model.  So, the purge I referred to in yesterday's post just means I'll be forced to go through all of my stuff to see what I really need and use.  (Crackerdan, I don't think I'll need to see a psychologist about that... :))  I'm not downsizing, but actually up-sizing by 8 feet!

It's a gas pusher, with the engine in the back.  I'd be interested in any opinions on the difference of driving a 29' rig as opposed to a 37' rig.  When I started fulltiming, I didn't pull a toad for the first year because I thought 29' was enough to deal with.  After a year, I decided I really needed a car, and haven't had any issues pulling it behind.  Now, I'm increasing the size of the rig, and will still be towing the car.  I know I'll have to be a little more picky about gas stations, but is there anything else I should be aware of due to the increased length?  I'll give it a test drive next Tuesday to check my comfort level.

I called my financial advisor today to give her a heads up about this possible purchase, and although she didn't have a heart attack as I had predicted, she did scramble a little to deal with my decision.  :)  She gave me a couple of options to think about, and I'll do that over the next week.  This is going to be one loooong week for me as I wait to get a glimpse of what may be my new home.

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon with some one-on-one time with my oldest grandson, Joseph (aged 4).  He came knocking at my door after his nap.  We had a good time playing special games inside the motorhome without his brother.  He asked me to keep these games a secret from his brother. :) How could I refuse?  Tomorrow, I hope to spend some "secret" time with his brother, Seth.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

6 comments:

  1. We have an Itasca meridian 39 and tow a Saturn Vue. I really do not have any problems with towing. The big thing is always being aware of the total length and turning radius. I never go into a regular gas station. The closest I come is the RV isles of Flying J.

    I always review my routes against a truck atlas to avoid any surprises. So far so good.

    I think you would really enjoy the adventurer.

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, looks like a really nice RV! :-)

    Don't think you'll notice much difference when driving it except you will have to allow a little extra for turning corners.

    Good luck, and travel safe,

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How Jealous I am! Can't help with any difference in the driving differences. but WOW!! It's very cool. I'll be following along. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good. I think starting out smaller has given you the experience you needed to be able to drive a larger rig. Also you stay in one place for a reasonable amount of time.

    This looks like a fun week for you as well as being loong! Dreams are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do the secret games involve putting bugs in his brother's cereal. I think you should teach them how to pull pranks on each other. Oh, and now that they have a little sister, a diet of rocks and a Draino hair cleaning should be in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I love you Dan.. love you big brother :o)

    ReplyDelete