.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, May 7, 2010

I made it to Minnesota

There seemed to be about a four hour window before the high winds began near Des Moines, IA, where I spent the night at a COE campground, so I packed up and headed out for my last leg of this journey.  I ran into rain as I approached MN, but the winds remained light.  It was 1:30 when I backed into Andy's driveway and started setting up in the rain.  I am happy to be done driving for a few weeks.

I spoke with the car dealership that will be doing the repairs on the toad, and will bring it in next week for an estimate.  The shop is pre-approved by my insurance company, so everything should go smoothly.  After I got most things set up, I noticed that I also had damage to the motorhome from that blasted piece of steel.  It somehow bounced up and put a hole in the back of the RV in the fiberglass back panel.  :(  Dang!  What an array of damage that one chunk did!  I'll have to update the insurance company on Monday.

I got to see the new baby, Ruby Cecilia, and played with the boys, Joseph and Seth.  I'll post some pictures once the rain stops and things calm down a little.  Seth, age 3, was a hoot when I first arrived...."I wuv you  gamma, did you bring the marshmallows?"  It's nice to be needed.  :)

This is short, but I'm pooped tonight, and it's late...

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

3 comments:

  1. Always great to be with family, especially Grandkids, they have a way of stealing your heart. Hope you get the much needed rest after a long journey. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Judy,
    Glad to hear you're back up with family.
    What do you think of this spring time weather??
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've come a long way from Texas! Hope you can just relax for a while.

    ReplyDelete