.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another change in plans

My original plan was to stay in my son's driveway until Memorial Day.  After being here for ten days, so far, I'm thinking that may not happen.  I took a drive out to Rice Lake State Park this afternoon.  I have been a camp host at this state park for a portion of almost every summer since 1998.  I found out today when I stopped at the park office, that the couple that was supposed to host all summer, suddenly packed up and left last Monday.  Park manager, Joel, said "We could sure use your help if you have some free time."  Well, it just so happens that I may me able to help out for a week or so, including the Memorial Day weekend.  My usual rule is to visit family members for two weeks or less.  That way we don't get on each other's nerves, and generally a good time is had by all.  I'm getting the feeling here that it might not be a bad idea to once again follow that rule. 

This is the view at the canoe dock at Rice Lake.  After talking to Joel, I headed down here, parked the car, and went for a hike.  I needed some time with nature.  :)


There's nothing like a walk in the woods to calm your spirits.  :)

It wasn't long before I found my favorite wild flower...the columbine.

I just love these exquisite flowers.


Columbines weren't the only flowers blooming along the trail.

There were also wild geraniums blooming.
I'm really feeling frustrated with blogger this evening.  I'm having all sorts of problems with inserting the pictures into the blog, and I can't get the alignment to go to the left.  Maybe it's time for me to try something like Live Writer before I end up tearing my hair out.  Ugh!  What a pain this is!  I'm just not sure how to do that.  :(


I'm including a pic of little Ruby Cecilia that my daughter, Robyn, took last weekend while she was here.  She was just two weeks old as she dozed in my arms.  What a darling she is.  :)

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

5 comments:

  1. Great Columbine pics. I think I've seen those flowers around here too so will keep an eye out for them this summer when the weather warms up.
    And, go for Live Writer because it is much better than blogger for sure. It allows you much more creative freedom with your blog. Bit of a learning curve....but so was tieing our shoes many years ago too:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a perfect opportunity to do something productive and get some space of your own back. It is so hard to go back on your kids' or anyone else's terms when you are independent and want to stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Live Writer, it is a lot better, Ruby is just a doll, she could melt any Grandpa's heart. Rigg's says to say Hi to Emma for him, he was especially charged up this morning, when we got up, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fortunate for you the park had an opening!
    Beautiful columbine pics!
    Grant swears by Live Writer, you can ask him: birdingrver@gmail.com
    It's not you, it is Blogger!It can be a pain sometimes! LOL
    Sweet little baby in your arms!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely Live Writer--I resisted and resisted, thought "what is all this fuss about Blogger" until I went to Live Writer--oh so easy to post a blog now, no, not one problem since I did it while down south this winter. (Shouldn't have said that, should I??)
    Yes, too much time with family can sometimes not be a good thing. We had friends stay in our driveway in their 5th wheel for 2 months--it became more than a little wearing on our friendship!
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete