.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I’m moving!

Okay, so it probably comes as no surprise to anyone, but I decided to upgrade to the  2008 Winnebago Adventurer Limited today.  Wahoo!  I'm a little pumped!  :)  I did a walk through with my list in hand, and took it for a test drive.  I wanted to take the new rig down US 14 out of Rochester, because I know that it is a teeth rattling drive in my present rig.  With the longer wheelbase and the rear engine, the rig took it in stride!  Then we headed down some back roads with hills (if you can call them that in southern Minnesota :))  This rig had a button to push for engine assisted braking on a steep downward decline.  Very interesting!  That means I won't have to stand on the brake pedal to slow the rig down.  A definite improvement.  There are many other features that I'll get used to as time goes on.
IMG_8452So, here it is….
IMG_8453I think I’m going to like this rig.  :-)  There are a few things that need to be resolved, but I’m scheduled to pick it up on Friday afternoon.  Then I’ll get the walk through with a tech rather than a salesman. 
IMG_8442My plans are to replace this dark brown bedspread with a lively quilt, perhaps made by JANNA since I’m not into the quilting scene.  :)
IMG_8448This is the view from in front looking back.  My kids wanted me to post these so they could get an idea of what I’m moving into.  There are several “works of art” that I will be removing post haste.  Ugh!  It will take me some time, but I will personalize this rig to my tastes.
IMG_8449That’s my friend, Susan, enjoying the recliner/sofa with the slide pulled in.  She came along with me today for moral support.  :)  If I had been thinking a little clearer, I would have turned on all the lights in the rig so the pictures would have turned out better.  :(  Anyway, I think you’ll get an idea of what it looks like inside.
The most interesting part of the test drive came when I made my first right hand turn.  Because the engine is in the back, the turning radius of this rig is tighter than I’m used to and I ended up with the rear passenger side tires going up and over a curb.  The salesman about had a conniption fit, but I noted that once the rig went over the curb and dropped down onto the pavement the rig didn’t rock and roll like it would have with my present rig.  It’s a lot more stable on the road…I really like that!  It also has a lot more “get up and go.”
I also got the Focus back this afternoon from the repair shop.  The first thing I noticed is that there weren’t any bugs on the windshield!  I guess when you have reconstructive surgery at this place, you also get a clean car.  :)  They also vacuumed the inside.  Nothing like a $500 car wash!
The RV salesman just  stopped by at my rig in Andy’s driveway.  He said he just wanted to look at the US Gear braking monitor inside the rig, but I’m thinking he wanted to make sure my trade in wasn’t a total disaster.  He left pretty quickly, so I guess he’s satisfied.  :)
Thanks for stopping by….talk to you later,  Judy

13 comments:

  1. It sure is a beautiful RV. I'm sure it won't take long at all to get used to. Glad you made the choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Judy! Your new rig looks really spiffy!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that's a mighty nice looking rig you have yourself there. Great exterior color scheme. I love those big creative paint jobs on Motor Homes. I think Emma & you will be very comfortable in there for sure. Good for you in making your newer Motor Home decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is a beautiful rig. I'm sure you will get many miles of enjoyment with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful coach Judy, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new home looks great. I'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous rig, I hope you get many years of reliable service out of it, Sam just switched into his coach drivers mode and said, to tell you the secret of driving a 45-50 foot vehicle is always know where your 4 corners are and take your time pulling back into the right lane after a pass, and never ever back up without being absolutely sure that nobody snuck up closer to you then what your mirrors show, also on those right turns ,crowd over to the left but not far enough that there is room for someone to drive up your right side,then if you have to wait till it's clear and take a wide swing even if you have to go a little into the other lane and your rear wheels will stay away from the curbs. A little practice and you'll be doing it like a pro, while you out watch how the big coach drivers handle turns and tight spots, they will show you a lot like they did Sam when he started driving them. Rigg's says he hopes Emma enjoys her new home, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To help with your "works of art" I have a real nice spoon collection that I would be willing to donate to your rig.:) The rig really looks good, may you enjoy many miles of enjoyment with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, it looks great. I am sure you will enjoy it. If you are not a member of WIT Club, consider joining.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Rig. I see fun, hard, moving work in your future. At least it won't involve renting a truck like with a sticks and bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! Glad to see a gal alone can handle something this big. My heart is with you. Winnebago is my #1 choice in manufacturers. I like the TV there and not overhead in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Judy! I have seen your posts on other blogs in remarks, and Al said you got a new rig! So I thought I would mosey over and check it out. What a beauty! I am sure you will have many many wonderful miles of adventures in it!

    I am your neighbor from Vis-Kon-Sin, dontcha know? We like Minney-So-Ta a lot too, and my family is originally from Duluth.

    Looking forward to reading about your new adventures!


    (this post made by a solar powered computer)

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete