.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, May 28, 2010

R & R

I’ve been so busy the last week, what with getting the new rig and moving, that today I just crapped out.  :)  I needed a down day, so I took it.  Kelly and the kids left while I was taking Emma for her second long walk of the morning, so I had the rig and the yard all to myself all day.  They just now returned.  I love all of them dearly, but I’ve become accustomed to the quiet life on wildlife refuges.  Two pre-schoolers for three weeks straight can be exhausting.  :)  I’m sure we all needed a break.

IMG_8490I decided to take some pictures of the blooming plants in the yard this afternoon.

IMG_8492   

Emma also got plenty of playtime with Shooter.

 

 

IMG_8491

 

 

 

 

(click to enlarge)

This afternoon, I searched and found :) my road atlas and campground books.  (It’s not a given that I know where things are since the move)  When you have hitch itch, it helps to plan out your next journey.  I’ve definitely got hitch itch, so I worked on places to stop and camp along the road to Yellowstone.  I’m excited about hitting the road on Monday.

IMG_8498I picked out a couple of Passport America parks.  I’ll get the discount, but Pam and Stan won’t.  I’m hoping to talk them into these campgrounds so I can save a few $$. 

IMG_8501 

IMG_8502

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think I’m going to enjoy having folks to share the ooohs and aaahs with!  And there’s no better place for that than Yellowstone National Park.

 

 

 

 

 

Pam has also insisted that I see the Crazy Horse Monument once again in South Dakota.  The last time I viewed it was in 1970, and I can tell you that there wasn’t much to see.  What an undertaking for that family.  I look forward to seeing the progress that has been made in the last 40 years.  :)

 

Thanks for stopping by….talk to you later,  Judy

4 comments:

  1. Your flower pics are amazing Judy. I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip and I'll be checking in on your blog to see how it's going.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flower pics. Spent a couple quick days in Yellowstone back in May of 92. Would love to go back again some day. I envy you being able to just scratch that itch & head on down the road. I am going completely bonkers this summer again just sitting, sitting, & sitting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That iris is gorgeous! All your flower pics are lovely today.

    We were at Crazy Horse in 2006. We camped next door at Heritage Village campground, good rates and we could see Crazy Horse right out our windows of the motorhome. Even saw the night lazer light show and could hear the music off faintly in the distance.

    Water is trucked in and rusty from a holding tank at Heritage Village, so make sure your holding tank is full from a previous stop.
    (unless of course by now they solved the problem)

    Heritage village is right next door to a riding stable, and the off-work horses come up to the fence along the campground each evening for carrots and pets by the campers!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved iris. They say deer won't eat them, but I have a big old buck that chomps the flowers just as they are about to open. He has done this for several years. I've seen him do it, but nobody believes me!

    ReplyDelete