.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I have AC!

I feel pretty victorious about today.  It started off with the DISH network guy showing up to take care of the connections in the new rig.  My reception suddenly re-appeared last night so all he had to do was make sure that everything was attached correctly…it was.  You know, electronics are second nature to these young folks so I asked him to help me set up the remote controls to just use one instead of three.  It took him about 30 seconds to do that. (It would have taken me much more time if I ever did figure it out.  :()  Then he made sure I could jump from DISH to local channels through the antenna, and also use the DVD player.  He did this for both locations in the rig.  What a relief that was. 

Then I got a call that said the new thermostat part had come in  and I could bring in the rig this afternoon to have it installed.  Well, I asked if the RV tech could come out to me rather than it taking several hours to pack up once again and drive the 13 miles to them.  Eventually, he showed up, installed the new thermostat, and guess what?  It didn’t work!  :(   OMG, now what?  Jason, the tech, couldn’t understand it. He went through the whole rig, inside and out, checking everything electrical.  Still no AC.  Why would everything work at the dealer’s and not here?  We got the generator running, and the AC immediately began working.  He then checked the 30amp electrical outlet that Andy had installed for me on the side of his garage.  That outlet was installed by a well known electrical company in the area.  Well, they messed  up the installation, and that was the cause of the problems.  Jason, rewired the connection, and the AC came on!  I’m so happy that he came out here rather than me going in to the dealer’s!  Everything would have worked just fine there, and I would have had the same failure here once again.  Color me a happy camper.  :-)

So, everything is all set to go!  Halleluiah!!!  I will call my sister, Pam, tonight and let her know that I am good to go this weekend.  I’ll also call my daughter, Robyn, and wish her a happy birthday. 

I would like your input on a very minor issue I’m having in the bathroom.  :)  (hope this isn’t TMI)
IMG_8479 This is the toilet paper holder.  Here’s the problem.  If you pull down on the tp roll, it tends to fly off of the holder onto the floor; unraveling all the way.  So what creative thing do you think I can put on the left end to keep the roll from falling off?  I don’t know why they just didn’t install a normal holder with one of those spring loaded thingies.  Ugh!  Ah, if life’s challenges were all this inconsequential.  It keeps you on your toes, though.  :)

Thanks for stopping by….talk to you later,  Judy 

9 comments:

  1. Well, some days you just can't lose for winning. Unless you have a silly toilet paper holder that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you just turn it so it's verticle instead of horizontal? They make felt or foam discs to put under furniture. They are stiff. You could spit it and cut a hole to work like a washer on the end? So glad you got your AC fixed!! and the plug fixed!! Glad to see you will be rolling along soon.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most everyone with a Winnebago complains about the TP holder. Ours at least has a metal flap that tends to hold in on the shaft. But most of the time it gets pulled off and set on the counter ready for use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the same kind of holder and it does the same thing, but the thought occurred to me that a wide rubber band...or a really big long one...wrapped around the slick holder rod many times might work. Also, squash the TP roll a bit so it doesn't roll around as easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs TP. Just use your hands. In an RV the bathroom sink has to be right next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a good answer to the TP holder question, but I do have another question: Who in the world would design this? If I think of a solution I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about a rubber washer or ring (used in plumbing). Or..what about replacing it with a "normal" TP holder? :) Glad your AC is working!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YIPPEE SKIPPEEEE on the AC working now. Good thing the tech guy came out to your son's place. A badly wired outlet might have overheated or caused a fire!

    I would change out the toilet paper holder to a regular styled one. Bet at Home Depot or Lowes you could find something close to matching?

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm learning that everything will work out just fine sooner or later. This week of experiences you have had is a good lesson for me in the future. I will have patience, but must preserver as well.

    Glad you got the AC back on!

    TTP holder? Something to look at as I tour rigs! But not a deal breaker.

    ReplyDelete