.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, March 23, 2009

Texas Bluebonnet Season!




Yesterday, shortly after noon, Diana, John, and I headed toward Austin to go to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. They were having an artisan show at the center. The grounds are like an arboretum with trails leading to different gardens of wildflowers. I, of course, was wanting to see the Bluebonnets and I wasn't disappointed.
There were areas that were in full bloom...
Other wildflowers were blooming as well, and I found a nice yellow columbine. I think columbines are my favorite wildflower.
We walked down several of the trails and even the prickly pear cactus was looking beautiful.
Almost all of the pads of the cactus had these interesting growths on them.
I don't know if these things will turn into flowers or not. I guess I'll just have to wait to see what happens.
This morning, I drove to Marble Falls to get the door sill replaced on the Focus. It took about two minutes, and was covered under warranty. I'm not telling my sister about that fact, though, since she said she would pay to have it repaired. This could be a fast way for me to make some bucks! ;)
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy


1 comment:

  1. Love your sun sets. Also the Columbine, is what President Isenhower named his presidential Aircraft.

    ReplyDelete