.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's a rainy day in Texas!!!

WOW! The trailer began to rock in the wind, the lightening was flashing and the rain came pouring down, and it was five in the morning! What a way to start the day. It abruptly woke me up and I was unable to go back to sleep. It was two hours before any semblance of daylight, so Emma and I just waited it out. She was a little anxious to get outside, so as soon as the rain calmed down we headed out the door.

It was obviously not a good day for a bird census, so I decided to work at home today especially since Rob came up the hill about 8:30 and took the van away. I had plenty to work on getting ready for a presentation on cave creatures and preparing for the insect station for Friday.

When I awoke at five, the temperature outside was 70, but within a short time it dropped down to 45. I turned the electric heaters on, but couldn't get the inside temp up to where I was comfortable, so I turned on the furnace. Normally, I would just suffer through the lower temps, but since I'll be taking the motorhome to Fredricksberg next week, I'll be able to fill the propane tank if necessary. I do seem to get chilled easier these days. I'm sure glad I'm not in Minnesota where the highs for today were in the single digits!

I haven't spent so much time inside the motorhome all day in a long time, but going out in the rain isn't something I'm thrilled to do at forty degrees. Thank goodness for the satellite dish.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

1 comment: