.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Checking for hail damage

Yesterday afternoon, after the school program, I decided to start packing things up outside for our trip on Sunday to Fredrickburg. I took down the sun shades that are on the outside of the front windows; they are certainly easier to take down than put up. I also folded up the outside rug, packed away the gas grill, put the Blue Ox towbar on the back of the motorhome, and generally got most everything done outside. I left out one chair and will still have to bring in the electric, water, and sewer hose, but I feel pretty good about getting as much done as I did.





John and Diana were busy doing the same thing and John ended up on top of his rig to check for hail damage. He found some cracks in his air conditioner cap and the awning over his slide-out was pretty shredded. When he got down, he brought over his long ladder so I could take a look at my roof. I was a bit apprehensive as I climbed up. I have a ladder on the back of my rig, but that's where the bicycle is attached, so I can't get around it. I was relieved to find no damage up on top. :) Boy, am I glad I pulled in the slide-outs just before the storm hit!





I was feeling pretty lucky that the rig made it through the storm unscathed. As I was rolling up one of the water hoses for storage, I glanced at the sewer hose. It turns out that the hail did a number on it and the end foot or so looks like Swiss cheese. Oh, well, that is a minor problem considering what damage there could have been. I'm going to apply some good old duct tape this afternoon, before dumping the tanks. I'll be looking for a new short hose the next time I'm at Wal-mart.

I was finally able to upload the hail picture. I'm surprised because the winds outside this morning are in the 30-40 mph range. It was 35* when I got up this morning. There is a snow storm in the panhandle of the state, so I'll put up with chilly temps and high winds as long as there is no snow!

A little before noon, we will head for Doeskin Ranch for the Girl Scout program. After that, it will be time to start getting the inside of the rig ready to hit the road. Hopefully, my next post will be from Fredricksburg!

Thanks for stopping by.... talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment