.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, March 9, 2009

Stimulating the economy

Well, after contributing close to $200 to help the economy ;) , Emma and I returned from the vet. She got her nails trimmed, got shots for rabies and distemper, got seven months of heartworm medicine, and got two kinds of medicine for the yeast infection in her ear. So, we're set for another year. Oddly, it appears that I have internet capabilities this evening.

Saturday, we had a cookout up at the Flying X with the other volunteers. The food and the company were good. I got some ideas where to stay in Arkansas in May on my way to Missouri. One of the couples is from Arkansas and the other suggested a Corps of Engineers Park to stay at while I visit Hot Springs Nat'l Park.

Yesterday and the rest of today was spent doing household chores. Not very exciting, but necessary. I had planned to call some volunteer coordinators today to try and firm up what I'll be doing next fall and winter, but I couldn't get any reception. I may have to drive into town to do my phone calls.

The forecast for this coming week includes 2-3 inches of rain. That will be most welcome in this area. Rainfall right now is at a 25" deficit. Rain would certainly green the area up and decrease the very high fire danger.

Not much else is new.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment