.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, March 16, 2009

A mixed bag of tricks part two

I've had a real challenge tonight with publishing this blog. I had a whole entry written and then it disappeared. Sorry for the duplicate post.

When I awoke this morning, it was down to 35*, but my tomato plants seemed to survive in good condition. Eventually, it warmed to the eighties in the afternoon and there was no rain!

I headed out around 10:00 for Marble Falls to do several things on my "to do" list. First stop was the Ford dealer. Last month when my sister, Pam, and I were out doing the tourist thing at the LBJ ranch, the border at the bottom of the passenger's side door broke. I wanted to order a new border, and was able to do so. It will take a couple of weeks, but the warranty person did order it after checking my mileage to be sure it was still covered. Since I only had 1,111 miles on the odometer, it really wasn't a problem. I'll wait for their call.

Then it was over to Lowe's to try to order some blinds to replace the day/night shades that have been more than a frustration to me. After over an hour placing the special order for the size of my windows, the associate decided to check to see if they would install the blinds in a motorhome. She was unable to determine if they would do this. I don't see why they wouldn't. They are supposed to call me back once they are able to speak to their installer. She didn't leave me with the impression that they would do it, but I'll continue to pursue this option.

While I was there, I also checked out a new gas BBQ grill that was the right size to accomodate the grilling surface that I like from my nonworking Holland grill.
After getting back home, I assembled it and the cooking grill from the Holland fits just perfectly. The instructions said it would take 30 minutes to assemble, but multiply that by three and that's how long it took me. I fired it up and everything is working fine. What a relief! I like the cooking surface from the Holland because nothing falls through and I can even stir fry on it.

I then went to HEB to get my groceries and try to purchase a weather alert radio. There has been a special deal for these radios between HEB and a local Austin TV station. Of course, they were out of them, so I guess I'll try later this week. It will help to have this warning station as I travel through tornado alley this spring. I don't exactly have a basement to retreat to in serious weather. I do check out where I can seek refuge, just in case, where ever I stop, but the radio will help warn me.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, so I felt I had to buy a corned beef brisket and cabbage. I'm not sure I'll fix it tomorrow, but I'll have it soon. I do love corned beef!

I'll be up and off to so the bird survey at Doeskin Ranch tomorrow. It should be a great day.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment