.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another rodent war

I keep my extra rolls of toilet paper under the bathroom sink. About a week ago, I opened the cabinet to get a new roll, and was surprised to see that it was pretty well shredded. After the issue with the generator wires, I was not pleased to discover more evidence of rodents. I have been carrying around a mouse trap since I hit the road, but haven't had a need to use it.

So, the battle began. I set up the trap under the sink loaded with peanut butter. For six days there was no action at the trap. The little stinker continued to shred my tp, but wouldn't take the bait. So, last night I put the tp rolls up on the counter when I went to bed. That did the trick. This morning, one chubby mouse was dead as a doornail. I set the trap again in case he was not alone. This is a wildlife refuge, and I will protect all wildlife as long as they stay out of my abode. ;)

It looks like it may be a little warmer today. I have spent most of the last three days inside. There has been more rain in the last three days than this part of Texas has seen in 17 months. There is only a 20% chance of rain today, so maybe Emma and I can get out and take a good hike. The storms have also played havoc with my internet reception.

I think I'll also head to town for some groceries this afternoon.

I'd like to say a big hello to my mother and her roommate, Lynn. My brother reads my blog entries to them when he visits at the nursing home. I will try to call on the phone when I get to a better location. I have very poor cell phone reception here in the hill country.

Spring break begins in the Austin area this weekend for all the school districts and many other districts in the state. It looks like the kids will have some great weather starting on Monday. I know I look forward to being able to sit outside again!

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment