.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Highland Lakes Chapter Texas Master Naturalists

So, today was my talk with the Highland Lakes Chapter Texas Master Naturalist about bird banding.  I met them in Bertram, TX, for lunch at a Mexican restaurant before the actual presentation.  I had an excellent taco salad, and enjoyed talking with some of the members.  From the restaurant, we headed out to Oatmeal, TX.

 I chose to speak in the outdoor facility since the weather had turned very pleasant.  I was expecting that I would present to maybe ten people.  As it turned out, 54 people showed up for the talk.  It's a good thing I'm comfortable speaking in front of large groups.  :)  I believe I gave them a very good presentation, and kept them laughing and awake, throughout.

At the end of the one hour talk...
...they presented me with a bird house.  I was told to hang it up high...
 
so that I could appreciate the bottom of the house.  :)  I'm not sure where I'll use this.  I do move around you know.  :)

As you can probably tell, I'm having some alignment problems with blogger tonight.  That seems to happen if I get kicked off before posting.  Ugh!  I don't know how to fix that.

While Emma and I were enjoying the outdoors early this evening, I had another new visitor to the Hard Rock Cafe....
an Inca dove.  Since I didn't have my glasses on when it arrived, I thought it was just a mourning dove, but after uploading the photo this evening, I discovered it's true identity.

I've already set the alarm for 6:00 tomorrow morning in preparation for the next bird tour, so I'd better end this for now.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

6 comments:

  1. Here's what I do for shoes. See if your athletic shoes come in black. You know the white ones fit and are comfortable, buy a pair in black and no one will ever know they are athletic shoes with a pair of dress pants. Voila! Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, after you insert a photo, go to the next line and type the first word. Then go up and click on "left justify", and it should align everything you type after that.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy & Emma, I just found your blog this week and went back and read the whole thing! I love it and am looking forward to more of your adventures. I was planning on FT soon but my 85 yr old dad in FL needs my to move down there, so I have put it off for now. I do have blog it's in my profile. I too have foot problems and found about 10 yrs ago the Soucony shoes were the only ones I could ware. Will say so long for now
    Gammy(aka Donna ) & Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy & Emma, I just found your blog this week and went back and read the whole thing! I love it and am looking forward to more of your adventures. I was planning on FT soon but my 85 yr old dad in FL needs my to move down there, so I have put it off for now. I do have blog it's in my profile. I too have foot problems and found about 10 yrs ago the Soucony shoes were the only ones I could ware. Will say so long for now
    Gammy(aka Donna ) & Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT IS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BIRD HOUSE!!????!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duh, I think I understand now. What a dork!

    ReplyDelete