.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, April 29, 2010

36 hours and counting


I only had six people for the bird tour this morning, and the winds were howling.  That's not a good thing.  We took more than the three allocated hours for the tour, but with patience were successful in seeing both endangered species.  What a great way to end my assignment here.

G & M commented on yesterday's post that she would like to see a picture of the area where I had the passenger's seat removed.  So, here it is.  The bottom two three drawer plastic units fit snugly into the space.  I hook bungee cords across the drawer fronts when traveling (I learned that the hard way  :) )  The smaller set of drawers sets on the floor with the drawer fronts braced against the back of the booth seat on the right.  That drawer space is a lot more useful to me than a passenger's seat.  I've made good use of the rechargeable lantern when the power has gone out after dark in my travels.  It also is put on the floor when traveling.  When we're not moving, Emma likes to perch on the dashboard and gaze out the window for rabbits, (on the left) so I got some indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe's, and cut it to fit the dash area.  Besides protecting the dash, it also keeps most of the hair she sheds out of the windshield vents.

Perhaps you remember this picture of the Blue Bonnets that I posted a couple of weeks ago. (remember to double click if you want a larger picture)


Well, I was back to the same place a couple of days ago, and this is what it looks like now.  No more Blue Bonnets, but the blooms continue.


It's just a parade of changing colors here in the Texas Hill Country.


Thank you, Lady Bird Johnson!

Every drive down FM 1431 is a delight for the eyes!


I'm so happy I returned this spring to see this magnificent display!

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment