.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day Off

Well, the sky clouded up overnight and remained overcast all day with a little bit of drizzle.  A good day to do several loads of laundry.  I'll be leaving in about three weeks, so it's time to start getting ready.  I've made a list for tomorrow of things I want to accomplish.  I need a second list of things to get done before I pull out for Minnesota..  :)

Earlier this week I received the new GPS that I had ordered that included an ability to have trucker's routing.  The rig is 8.5' wide and I estimated 50' long with the toad attached.  This new unit will route me to avoid height and weight problems.  It also has lifetime traffic warnings for construction and issues around big cities.   I'll see how useful this component is.  It's not like I drive through big cities often, but I do encounter them in my travels.  I have run into some issues with height in the past four years. I'll let you know if I think this is worth the extra bucks over an ordinary GPS. I'm hoping, since I travel solo, and don't have a navigator, that it will give me a little less to worry about.  Isn't technology wonderful?  I've only been using a GPS since last fall, but I do like it.  It's not always 100% accurate, but it is a great help.

Not a very exciting day today, but weekly chores do need to be done.  I wish I had a cleaning fairy.  :)

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking seriously about getting a GPS designed for truckers when I decided to take a break. I'll be anxious to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chores, they come at you whether in the RV or at home--today is laundry day for me! Thanks for all your comments on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep us updated on the trucker GPS. I have found my GPS invaluable in getting around. If there are extras that can keep me out of a jam when I'm on the road... I'm all in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most technology is great, with your blog in mind this weekend when I went geocaching I was on the look out for birds at Pymatuning St Park but did not see or here much, except geese.
    Love you blog & thanks for comment
    G&M

    ReplyDelete