.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Making a new friend

Shortly before I arrived at Anahuac, I received an email from one of the reader’s of my blog.  She said she lived in Houston and would like to meet me.  She is a fulltime wanna-be, and was hoping we could get together while I was volunteering here.  Well, today was the day, and I met Pam Hensley in the parking lot of the grocery store in Winnie, TX.  From there, we went out to lunch, and then headed back to the refuge.

_MG_7338After giving her a tour of my rig, and having her meet my more than exuberant traveling companion (AKA Emma), we sat outside and had a real chin wag.  :)  Most of you know how it goes with meeting someone interested in this lifestyle…you are immediately at ease and the time just flies as you chat away. Thanks for the lunch, Pam, and I hope to meet up with you again sometime on the road! 

 

Emma, of course, was thrilled to have another human to get excited about, and it was great to have someone that understood her excitement.  :)  We spent a very enjoyable afternoon together.

 

One of the benefits of having someone new coming to visit is that it forced me to give the rig a good cleaning.  I’m not a total slob, but things do tend to accumulate on my table if it’s just me, and thorough cleaning isn’t always at the top of my list of things to do.  :)  So, now I’m basking in the orderliness of my rig.  Wonder how long that will last!

IMG_7341As Emma, Colin, and I sat outside this evening, I was hoping for a spectacular sunset.  But, I guess any sunset is better than no sunset.  :)

 

Thanks for stopping by…. talk to you later,  Judy

17 comments:

  1. I would say, if you are anything like me..the cleanliness will last until your 'catch wind' of another visitor coming on over!..what a great day you must have had with your friend, Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a lovely day. I always have so much clutter around and it drives me crazy. I clean it up for visitors and then it's back to being a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, clutter has a way of returning to its same spot. You are wise to enjoy the neatness while it lasts. Glad you had a good visit with your new friend, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We find the longer we stay in one place the more clutter that accumulates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun afternoon! I'm looking forward to the day when we meet up on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jonathan used to invite people over JUST so that it would force me to give our house a good clean :) That stinker!

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com
    (36 year old fulltime RVer living la vida loca with a cute-butt husband and a stink-butt dog!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunsets are a challenge here also the last couple of days. From what I see here it is unlikley that you will need a reservation but I guess you never know. It is a nice spot though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clutter does not only reside in RVs, it happens in my house too but mostly on my dining table which is used for all kinds of projects. I wish it wasn't so but .....

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great to meet a loyal blogger....to put a face to a blog....good for you and Emma...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think clutter & RVing simply go hand in hand & it all comes with the territory. Pretty hard to keep things neat as a pin living in a moving box. Like I say, if you don't like a little dust on your shoes, don't come to Arizona & if you don't like a bit of messiness, don't travel in an RV!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunset has always ben my favorite time. I bet sunrise cn b beautiful too, but I m almost always asleep!

    SOMEDAY I will meet you too. Hopefully it will be when we are in the same park!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A free lunch and a clean rig, now that is what I call a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun day. At least when the rig is messy, it's not too big to clean. 100 Followers - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's what I do before my house sitter/dog sitter arrives...clean house. Not that I'm a slob or anything, but I don't get many visitors so I don't bother. Yes, I'm worth it, but vacuuming isn't my favorite thing. I need a smaller house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love meeting my readers. I had one in Wyoming just knock on the door. He was a really nice guy, but was on his way to work, so just had a small amount of time to chat. He and his wife hope to full-time when they retire.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had soooo much fun with you on Saturday and let me know when you need to do another good cleaning and I will come by!! I was really impressed how everything was so neat and had a place. Thanks for sharing your time and Emma who just jumps for the joy of it. I knew she would jump when I honked the horn....and she did!! I expect we will see each other before you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Judy, did you take some photos of the interior of your tidy rig that day?

    (I don't remember having seen any pix of the inside of your rig but I can be wrong.)

    ReplyDelete