.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A catch up day

Not having any work days scheduled on the refuge until next week, I decided to make a list today of all the things I needed to catch up on.  If I don’t make a list, I tend to not do anything.  :)  There were quite a few things on the list, and I was able to cross off about half of them by the end of the day.

 

Thanks to fellow volunteer Bob, my extend-a-stay propane tank is set up.  He couldn’t get the valve handle to move either, but he had a proper wrench for persuading it to move.  :)   Then it was off to the post office to mail some hand made winter caps from Madeira, Portugal, to my granddaughters in Indiana.  From there I went to Beaumont for some wine, and to pick up a couple of my preferred type of mouse traps.  I’ve only had one indication that a mouse may be in the rig.  I put two of those sticky type traps where I found a couple of droppings, but I prefer the plastic one snap type of trap.  I had a good supply of those last year in my old rig when I was here, but I think most of them were still hidden in spots when I traded it in last spring.  Now, I’m armed and dangerous!

 

Back at the rig, I had an email from my daughter reminding me to send her some pictures of the colors in my rig.  She made me a comfy throw blanket in green for my last rig, but, of course, my decor has changed.  I’m now into browns and tans.

_MG_7336 IMG_7337

So I sent her these two pics to give her an idea of the colors.  Of course, this did not go without a glitch.  Somehow, the first two pictures turned out to be of a green tractor!  When I figured that out, I immediately emailed her to let her know I didn’t live in a tractor.  :)

 

I also worked on trying to figure out my summer location by calling the campground closest to my daughter’s house.  There are two seasonal sites left, but I’m not making any reservation until Robyn is able to give it a look see first.  Hopefully, she can check the place out this weekend.

 

I’ve also been in correspondence with one of my blog readers, and it looks like we will be able to meet each other this coming weekend.  That’s always fun!

 

By the time 4:00 rolled around, I was ready to go outside and join Emma.  Lately there have been many flocks of geese and ducks to enjoy flying overhead as the sun sets.  Several volunteers gather to hash over the day and have a social happy hour before the hordes of you know what chase us inside!  Some evenings, it’s just Colin, Emma, and myself.  Colin is heading back to England next Tuesday.  Emma and I will just have to see who else might join us for our chilly evening vigil. 

 

Thanks for stopping by…. talk to you later,  Judy

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of living in a tractor. Would John Deere colors work in your rig?

    Mosquitoes and mice - I am so not there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your daughter was relieved to hear that you don't live in a tractor. However, the comfy green throw blanket would be a nice accessory for the green tractor. You could, however, start a new trend in tractor camping...or maybe not. Good job in already completing half of your catching-up list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy: I'm loving your bird pictures. I posted a picture of a hummingbird on my blog today. I can't find any information on what type it is. Maybe you can identify it. I'd appreciate it.

    Your colors are so pretty. I have always loved black and tan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to send you to check on Evelyn's hummingbird, but I see she as
    ked first. You are our go to gal when it comes to birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you said you had a new rig no one would have ever guessed it was a John Deer (lol). I'm kind of partial to John Deer green, isn't there a country song about that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you got a lot done today...good job! What about adding some burgundy or blue in with the browns/tan - they look good together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha Judy you alway make me laugh. I am looking forward to meeting you in person sometime this month for sure.

    Thanks again for the laugh
    Brenda Brown

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love days like this? It feels so good to catch up!

    So glad you got the pics straightened out before your daughter went to work on something in John Deere Green!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny! Our grandson would love to live a big green John Deere Tractor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the invite but looks like we are moving West toward Canyon Lake....Your bird pics are great...I agree..some blues or hunter greens with the browns would be awesome...(did I just say that??)

    ReplyDelete