.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sparkling clean

I had a very productive day today. I started out spending the morning washing the rig. It fairly gleams now! I had to at least wash the front windows so I could put up the sun shields. There was so much mud, dust, and bugs on the whole rig that I decided to wash the whole thing. Not a minor undertaking, I can assure you. Between that and putting up the sun visors, I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow morning. When I went to put the short hose back so I'd have water to the RV, it didn't turn out like I had planned. The attachment to the rig blew off and the hose went wild spraying in circles at full force until I could turn off the water source. After the initial shock of the situation, about all I could do was laugh. I sure did get a shower out of that. I went back to my old setup for the connection, and all was well. I had purchased some easy connect things for attaching the water hoses at the Escapade. Guess they didn't work as good as advertised. Oh well, live and learn!

This afternoon, I opened the visitor's center for the Sunday afternoon movie, but only had three people show up. I'm not surprised. It was a marvelous day outside with sunny skies in the low eighties. I'd rather be outside than sitting inside watching a movie, and I guess other people felt the same way.

This evening I exercised the generator and cleaned the air conditioner filter. I think I'm going to need a lot of AC this summer. About all I have left to do is set up the BBQ grill and change the filter on the water purifier. I do need to head to Chilicothe for a grocery run tomorrow and check out the world's largest Canada goose on the way.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment