.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, May 22, 2009

America loves camping

It is hard to believe how many rigs have moved into this state park starting yesterday afternoon. The check-in station is within view of my site, and let me tell you that there has been a steady stream of campers coming into the park. I can't believe there are any sites left. I'm happy to see so many young families enjoying the outdoors and taking advantage of this beautiful park. All manner of rigs have pulled in...pop-ups, a lot of trailers, a few motorhomes, many fifth wheels, and plenty of tenters. I don't quite understand tenters in the full hook-up campground, but I guess it's because this campground is within walking distance of the trout fishing.
Fairly early this morning Emma and I headed out for St. Robert, MO, to meet with one of the winners of the contest I ran a couple of months ago.

Deanna is a vet in St. Robert, and I wanted to deliver the diamond willow walking stick prize to her since I was in the area.

I gave Deanna a choice of several sticks to choose from, and she chose one with character. Emma is not the most cooperative dog when it comes to pictures, but we gave it a try. She usually just barks at me when I get the camera out.

Deanna and I are hoping that we will get to meet again this summer while I'm at Swan Lake. We didn't get much time to talk since she was on duty at work. She is a fellow Escapee. It was great to meet her, and I look forward to seeing her again.

This evening, I hooked up the car and brought the awning in in preparation for leaving tomorrow. About all I have left to do in the morning is pack up the DISH and unplug the water and electric. I'm sure some one will snatch up my site moments after I leave. The next six nights will be spent at the Escapade in Sedalia, MO. Fun times ahead!

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment