.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, May 9, 2009

The rain is back

OK, wait till you see this! I tried to upload several pictures, but no matter what picture number I chose only one shot loaded. So, this entry contains one shot four times over. What's up with that?




The rains came down again today, so we've spent most of the day inside. The upside to that is I made plans of where to stay next on my journey to Missouri. It's not that it was exactly easy. Because of all the recent rains, some of the possible places to stop have been closed due to flooding. I tried to set up four nights at Lake Catherine State Park in Arkansas, but couldn't get the reservation system to recognize my computer. I tried calling the park directly, but only got busy signals for a couple of hours. I then tried, online, to make reservations at Lake Ouachita State Park with the same results. After trying to call them directly, I actually got a live person on the other end of the phone and will spend Monday through Thursday night at that park.
My plans were to visit Hot Springs National Park and Ouachita is only fifteen miles from there. Persistance finally paid off and I reserved a site that was cheaper by ten dollars a night at Ouachita. I had a choice of several different sites (of which I knew nothing) so I took the advice of the person on the phone and will be in site #83. We'll see how that works out.

This is my site at Atlanta State Park in Texas. In case you miss it, I'll show it to you three more times. :) It's a very large site in amongst the pines and only costs $12/night for electric and water. A real bargain in my estimation! The loop I'm in only has a couple of other campers in it, so it's very private. I do like being in the woods. I could really enjoy a nice campfire here if it weren't for the rain or temps in the nineties.


Tomorrow, I'll go for a drive around the area and see if there's anything interesting.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment