.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A beautiful day in Pickles Gap

After breakfast and doing some computer stuff, I loaded up the car with two week's worth of dirty laundry and headed out to find a laundromat. I had gotten directions from the staff in the park office, so I drove right to it. This is the first laundromat that I've encountered in my travels that didn't provide those wheeled carts to move your laundry from the washers to the driers. Since I had multiple washers and driers to use, this chore only took about 90 minutes.

After finishing, I headed down the road to visit Pickles Gap. Pickles Gap got its name from the legend that back in the day a German immagrant was crossing the stream here and his entire wagon load of pickles fell off into the creek. Now days, it's really just a stop in the road for tourists. I did feel compelled, however, to buy a tee shirt and some fresh fudge. ;) I passed on buying a pickle for a dollar and the other tasty Arkansas jams and preserves.

Sunday afternoons in a state park are usually very enjoyable, as most of the weekend campers take flight and things really calm down. Such was the case today. It was a beautiful sunny day with the high around 70*. I spent the late afternoon and early evening outside in my rocker reading and watching the fishermen ply the lake out in front of my site. What a life this is!

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment