.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Escapade 2009

After a realitivly short drive of 92 miles yesterday, I arrived in Sedalia, MO, at the state fairgrounds for the 2009 Escapade. I am a member of the Escapees RV Club and they have a yearly rally. Over 700 rigs are at the fairgrounds this week to enjoy five days of socializing, seminars, entertainment, and just a good time. We are pretty much packed in like sardines, but everyone who wants one has a full hookup site. Of course, there are eight hoses plugged into each water outlet, but it hasn't seemed to effect the water pressure too much. :)

In no time at all I was sweating bullets in the heat while setting up, but when I went to the registration booth, I ran into Fay, of Fay and Jay Carter, fellow volunteers from Laguna Atascosa NWR. Shortly afterwards, I met up with Kirk and Pam Wood. They're the couple that had to cancel out of volunteering at Swan Lake with me this summer. At a gathering that is this large, it's great to meet up with friends.

Later in the afternoon, I walked over to some of the venues that were open early. The gathering didn't officially start until today. I got my sea-legs as to where things were located for the week. That invigorating hike in the heat let me know that I should take down my bike and use that for transportation this week.

After a liesurely morning spent visiting with my close by neighbors, I biked over to the opening ceremonies in the afternoon. I planned to attend the entertainment this evening, but friends, Vern and Sue, stopped by the rig and we spent a few enjoyable hours catching up on each other's recent travels. I missed the vocal group this evening, but don't regret it.

Tomorrow the seminars start and I think I'll begin by attending one on fishing without a boat. I've been dragging along poles and tackle for three years now, and only used them once. This summer should afford me some opportunities at Swan Lake, so I want to be prepared.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment