Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

False start

Well, I thought I'd be on my way to Dallas this morning, but it was not to be. While listening to the news this morning, the weather man warned that travel to Dallas was not recommended. So, I checked out the National Weather Service on line and the forecast was dismal and called for severe thunderstorms with possible hail and possible tornadoes. At that point, I was on the fence between staying or going. I called friends, Kirk and Pam, who are at the campground I'm going to. After talking to them, I decided to err on the side of safety and stayed put at the Flying X for one more night.

That's the beauty of this lifestyle. If I'm uncomfortable with the forecast, I can wait a day. Weather is supposed to improve for tomorrow, so I'll give it another try in the morning.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment