.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, May 1, 2009

Company arrives

For my last day at work at this refuge, about thirty home schooled kids and their parents came for a mixed bird/insect program at Doeskin Ranch. I did three presentations on bird migration and three presentations on beneficial insects.

During one of the insect presentations, my phone rang and my daughter said she and her husband and their daughter had just landed at the Austin airport. An hour and a half later, they arrived at Doeskin. After a brief walk around the area, we headed for the Flying X. We got them set up at the ranch house and Avery got to have a much needed nap.

It is great to have them visiting. Avery is a very happy little girl and I know I'll enjoy having them here for the next few days. They will fly back to Chicago very early on Monday morning and then I'll be hitting the road on Tuesday. Don't know that I'll post much in the next few days.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment