.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sleepless in Griffith

First I was too cold, than I was too hot.  Add to that the trains going by not too far away, and the seemingly constant 18 wheeler traffic that had to stop 20’ from my bedroom to wait for the gate to open, it’s not too surprising I slept poorly last night.  I’m hoping I’ll be exhausted enough tonight to not notice all the goings on.

Yes, you guessed it, I’m not out of here yet.  I’ll try to condense down what I learned today.  It seems there are four computers in the workings of my rig.  One is the Mother Board that the others ‘speak’ to.  The other three concern the braking system, the transmission system, and I’m afraid I can’t remember the other system.  Anyway, they’re not talking to each other.  The tech was unable to figure out which one is being standoffish.  It’s either the braking system computer or the mother board.  He needs to receive a new upload for his computer from Workhorse to determine which computer is being recalcitrant.  That, of course, won’t happen until tomorrow morning. 

I’m kind of hoping it’s the mother board (my name) since they have a brand new one right here.  If it’s the brake one, it will have to ordered, and I’ll sit and wait since there’s nothing else I can do. 

I’d like to take a moment and thank everyone for their comments on my latest challenge.  I especially appreciate  the humor some of you jokesters have passed along to me.  I get by with a little help from my friends, and a good chuckle is good for the heart and the soul.  Can you hear the blasts from that train?  It won’t be long before the trucks start their visitation!  Ugh.

The tech working on my rig helped me hook up to electricity today.  It took my 25’/50amp cord attached to a 25’/30 amp extension cord that I have, with a converter plug to 110 on the end.  It just made it to the plug.  I’m only going to run my fridge and computer off of it for the duration, but it beats running the generator and using up gas so much.  Am I correct in assuming that a 110 regular household outlet is the same as 20 amps?  It’s 86* in the rig right now, but I don’t dare turn on the AC. 

All my digits are crossed hoping that it will be a mother board replacement tomorrow morning so I can finally be on my way!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

27 comments:

  1. It just wouldn't be the same without the trains roaring by. How about a little Nyquil. Just might be the thing to help you sleep. Are you sure it's not a mother broad? Here's hoping you don't have to sit there much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm? Let me see now. It could be the motherboard or the brake board and they have the motherboard in stock but not the brake board.

    Sorry, Judy, but Mr. Murphy is on a winning streak and batting 100% against your pitching! I'm going to have to go with the problem being the Brake Board.

    I hope I'm wrong though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying does no good, so you might as well laugh. Think how much entertainment you are providing for all of us readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, you are correct about having 20 amps. I hope it cools off at night, but it doesn't sound like a good place to open your windows for some cooling fresh air. Your saga continues...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got any wine left -- maybe you didn't have enough last night...should help you sleep -- if you drink enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I got stuck in a noisy place for the night back in my working days I turned on the radio or TV to great noise of my choice rather than from outside. Failing that put the pillow over your head and snore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put the fridge on propane, turn off the lights, and turn on the AC. 20 amps should run it ok, I would think. Worth a try, anyway. Good luck on the mother board.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't think of anything helpful or funny to add.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so hope all goes well for you tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, if nothing else, you will have stories to tell as long as you can speak! It's a pain in the tush, but it beats a boring office job, doesn't it????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Say, I wonder if it's possible to have a Mother board and a bored Mother in the same Motor Home at the same time. D'ya think....... And how really possible is it for a brake board to really break. I think they just better give the Mother a break and let you get on your way...10-4:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still waiting patiently to the end of this saga and your new one to begin...every time we see your blog updated...we pray it's the one that says you are on your happy little way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate to bring up the past, but weren't you sitting in Idaho about this time last year, in the parking lot of some repair shop??? Ah, Judy. You gotta write a book. Hugs. I send you hugs. That's about all I can do. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it might be the Skate Board. I hope you can hang on to your good disposition. I'd be using some sailor language about now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have come to accept that trains are always near most campgrounds. Now it seems also near RV repair places. Maybe this is a test to see if you are really a die hard RVer:)

    I hate to think what would happen if those electrons decided to stop talking while you were driving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here are some more hugs, Judy. Thank goodness you at least have a bit of entertainment with the internet. Can you run the TV? Can you go to an air conditioned movie somewhere? although most of the movies out now would be worse than nothing, I am afraid. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just like I thought, darned electronics,if it had a straight air brake system like a motor coach bus you wouldn't be sitting. OH well if you get bored walk over and get a train picture to kill time, if it is publishable it's $150 dollars from the magazine company.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soooo...let me get this straight. You're "board", your RV is a "mother", and you can't catch a "brake"...AND...BNSF has you in "train"ing camp. I feel your pain, especially about the trains..I suggest you drink the whole bottle of wine tonight and put earplugs in..."The sun will come out tomorrow"..Keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed for the "Mother board" option...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Um . . . with all those truckers passing by, make sure that's not a . . . um . . red porch light on your rig . . . ;) Hang in there! If you can't get a mother board, how about a mother ship? Okay, obviously I need breakfast . . .

    ReplyDelete
  20. With all the other comment's I don't think you need any smart comment from me.. Good
    luck

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry that you are having so much trouble! I hope that everything is repaired soon and that you get to hit the road. Thanks for sharing with us!

    Kerri in AL :-) who can only post as "Anonymous" since Blogger screwed up again... :-P
    HomeschoolingSolo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ditto Dennis and Donna's witty comment with one exception...turn up the sound machine to mimic beach sounds or birds chirping instead of the earplugs! Hope you're outta there asap! K

    ReplyDelete
  23. If I understand correctly it may be the 'Brake Board', which they do not have or it may be the 'Mother Board' which they do have.
    Why do they not replace the Mother Board, that they have, and see if that fixes the problem. If it does you are on your way, if it does not they order the 'Brake Board'.
    I don't understand: "He needs to receive a new upload for his computer from Workhorse to determine which computer is being recalcitrant."

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. SO WANT TO BE A FULL TIMER !!
    just kidding, I feel your pain,
    But I do agree with ED 100% I would sure ask why not try it,

    ReplyDelete
  25. Keep laughing ... it will make life while you're waiting more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. See, that's what happens when circuit boards are made all over the world. They don't know each other's language. And since they come from different cultures, they don't know they are supposed to listen to their mother (board).

    Glad that you at least have some electricity to run most stuff, generator gas it expensive.

    Hope things happen quickly now that the problem seems to be narrowed down.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Judy, you have never told us much about your residential fridge, and how you like it?

    Emma thinks her Mother is Bored, and wants to Brake away from there.

    Happy Tails and Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete