.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, September 4, 2011

A last visit to Belt’s house for this summer?

Robyn and the grandgirls arrived at the rig this morning in preparation for one last hot dog cookout for lunch.  However, it rained cats and dogs last night, so my remaining firewood was soaked.  So, we made lunch inside today.  Like all little kids, the girls love to go inside the rig where there are so many interesting buttons right at their height, and Emma’s toys to play with as well.  Things are downsized in a motorhome, so the bathroom sink is also an attraction since Grandma has a little stepstool, and I use bar soap which seems to be an attraction.

62 Pioneer Campground, IN summer20115

Before it was time to eat, we had to make a trip down to the pond.  This time we never made it to the water.  All that nice Indiana sand was just waiting to be played with.  Phoebe also decided she liked crunching on it.  Yuck!  She’s just like her mother.  When Robyn was little, she used to chew on rocks that we got out of our vegetable garden in NY.

_MG_3227 _MG_3229

Avery caught on right away on how to draw a face in the sand.  She has always been a girl that likes to get down into sand and dirt and play away.  That’s nice to see in a girl in my opinion.  We also walked to a little playground in the campground.  As usual, we were the only ones walking.  Everyone else was cruising around in golf carts.  I think this has been the busiest weekend here all summer, so we had to really watch out as we walked the roads.  Not all of the drivers were of an age to be licensed.  Smile

As I took Emma out this morning for our constitutional, I heard a loud snapping noise behind one of the trailers where the folks weren’t visiting this weekend.  As I got closer, I could see big flashes or sparks of electricity coming out near the electric pedestal.  I went closer to take a look, but it sure wasn’t anything I felt qualified to deal with.  I went to find help, and it was finally taken care of.  I just had visions of that trailer going up in smoke!

After we had our microwaved hotdogs for lunch, Sad smile, the girls continued to play outside.  That storm last night kicked out the hot weather and humidity so that today was just a gorgeous day to be outside.

_MG_3243 _MG_3245

Over the summer, Avery has made good friends with ‘Emma the gog’, and I’m pleased to see that Emma is able to calm down enough after a while to reciprocate.  This will probably be the end to my pictures of the grandgirls for another year.  I’m sure they’ll be so much bigger next summer when I stop by for a visit, but the road is calling and it’s time to move on.

I leave you tonight with a picture of Belt and Buckle taking Emma for a walk. (or vice versa)  I just love the way Phoebe hangs onto my index finger as we walk. 

_MG_3189

                                                                            THE END!!!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

27 comments:

  1. What a great photo at the end...I'm sure you will miss your family, but, while we are still able, we "roadies" feel the need to grab some more memories "just down the road"...Travel safe, blog friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grandgirls will have such memories of 'Belt' and the summer she spent with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, you're going to miss those little girls, but they will probably miss you more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures. Emma looks very comfortable with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love hot dogs, even microwaved ones. I understand that need to get on the road. After spending the summer in my son's driveway I am so ready to leave him to his life for awhile. And I think he's ready for me to leave. The southwest is calling to me - gets stronger every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last picture just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy...I was thinking about you today and how you've written in the past that you don't like to drive. Do you not like to drive because you have a Class A or do you just not like to drive? I like the picture with Emma and Avery where it looks like Emma is trying to kiss her. Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos to go with beautiful little grandchildren. This post got me thinking a bit about how much Margie loved spending time with her 'Grands' just doing simple, enjoyable little things - just like you were doing today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for letting us get to know your Granddaughters they are so adorable and you are going to miss them for sure. I can't wait to see them again next summer.

    Take Care Judy and Safe Travels
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is going to be tough to leave those cute girls behind, when you hit the road:(

    I also notice that none of our kids use bar soap, it is all gel or some other goop. I have no idea what is up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've probably had more good time with the girls this summer than some grandmas that live in the same town as their grands. Good memories are kept in pictures and you have taken some nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bittersweet! What wonderful times you have had with those girls this summer. Yes, they will be so much different next year but each age has its own brand of fun. I so appreciate how you love those girls...I can sure identify! Great photos of the girls and of Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures of your granddaughters! I'm sure that Belt and Emma the gog will be greatly missed once you head out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merikay is sooo right...I always thought we were the "norm" as far as grandparents go but we've found out that's not the case....there are many out there who do not spend quality time with the grandchildren for many different reasons. We have enjoyed our grandkids...my daughter's two used to come every weekend or every other weekend for sure. My son's daughter still comes fairly frequently but that will slow down now that she's 14 and enjoying her school activities more. We still see them all of course but nothing like we did when they were little. It's wonderful to be able to enjoy them so much, it's like having our's little again without all the responsibilities. lol Know what u mean about being ready to hit the road tho...I am sooooo ready. Take care and thanks for sharing ur summer with ur family with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that last photo would make a nice framed 'keeper.'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see you got to spend a final weekend with your Grands, Also the picture of Emma chilling with the girls is so neat, we have always been lucky, Rigg's is a kid dog and is very around kid's and his little sister Sadie.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the picture of Emma and Avery. Emma is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your very special summer with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's been fun reading about your grandkids and that last photo was the icing on the cake. Too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the last photo! Glad the day was perfect weather and all enjoyed. A great way for an ending visit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The all time great "End" shot! You have nice memories from this year to tide you over for a while as you travel down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  22. GREAT photos of the kids especially the lasy one ~ so precious!!! You asked about the white bucket on the pole. We call that our COE light ~ my honey made it out of a paint buckey from home depot and it lights up the whole area at night. They are pretty commend in COE parks. Have fun & Travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's so hard to leave them, it tears your heart out. At least you know you can come back any time you want, the beauty of a full time life.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the photo of you and the granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. well, if that's not precious I don't know what is... And right about now in my life, I can't imagine not seeing the grands for a whole year... I'm more than ready for Kansas!

    ReplyDelete