.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dreary days

The cold front that moved across the country finally made it to the Outer Banks Sunday night.  Both yesterday and today have been very overcast with occasional rain, and the temperatures have been vastly different from last week. 

IMG_0341I’ve seen a couple of bears dashing across the roads, but I’m afraid my opportunities for close up shots have vanished.  I finally did see a doe not too far from the RV pads yesterday.

Since yesterday was Columbus Day, the only people working on the refuge were those volunteers that had been assigned to work the visitors centers.  That wasn’t me for a change, so I got the day off.  Whoopee.  There wasn’t much to do but sit inside and listen to the rain on the roof.

Surprisingly, the banks were open for business yesterday, and I got a call from Wells Fargo that my new (after three attempts) debit card had been delivered to the Manteo branch.  When I went in last week to find out why I hadn’t received the new one yet, they ordered a second one issued to be delivered overnight.  As I picked that card up, I asked them to activate it before I left.  Well, it turned out they couldn’t do that because it had somehow been cancelled.  Say what???  Apparently when the bank manager ordered the new one last week, she also inadvertently cancelled it.  So much for speaking to the head honcho. Baring teeth smile

IMG_0326I had to sit and wait to speak to another banker, who ordered a third card and assured me it would be in by Tuesday of this week, and she would not cancel it.  Can you understand why I was still skeptical when I got that call yesterday?  I hot footed it over there, and finally I have a card that works… for the time being.

Today it was back to work for me with my last rotation of filling the pamphlet boxes.  It was drizzling the whole time, and was so dark and overcast that all the wildlife stayed in hiding.  The gazillion insects even took the day off, so no photo opportunities or bug bites occurred.

I’ve got the next three days off, so I’ll slowly start packing things up for my departure next Tuesday.  I hope it stops raining long enough for me to dry up the outside carpet that covers the area of the rig’s patio.  I’m guessing that will take a couple of days.  I suppose I could check the forecast, but you know how accurate those weather guessers usually are…

IMG_0325

                                                                               THE END!!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

18 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't gotten better weather to you yet, but it's on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bug bites? The rain provided that blessing, at least. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the weather is going to improve starting tomorrow...fingers crossed :) You'll be leaving the coast about the same time as we arrive, but at a different location. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy and dreary here too!!! Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cold and frosty here in NW PA! Burrr....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to moving on with you....My head is spinning with family issues..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where are you off to now?? Great the end shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Tis the season...for cold, wet, and clammy!! Hope it dries up enough for you to dry out your carpet. No fun to roll one of those things up wet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, hope the rain stops in time for you to head out to your next adventure. I'd hate to think you'd get your nice clean and shiny motorhome all dirty again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have been having pretty crappie weather also. In Ohio, it looks like about Sunday it should be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, weather guessers. That's what I'm going to call them from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We were warm and beautiful yesterday :) I know those days are few and far between.
    I love your deer pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Send the rain our way - it's bone dry here. I'd like to see two or more solid weeks of it. It seems that when something goes wrong with a bank card, the issues always seem to multiply by themselves. Glad to see you were 3rd time lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've had over 80 days without rain. History-making weather in Seattle. It ends tomorrow. Fall is here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We finally saw Mr. Sun today for a wee while. First time since . . . oh, I don't remember, really. Looking forward to getting on the road with you, so to speak! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I have thoroughly enjoyed your summer in the Outer Banks. . .had no idea there were so many bears there. When we go back, I will know to look more closely. . .thanks for a great photo tour of your life in OBX. . .really great!

    Janice
    ReadyToGoFullTimeRVing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello there anԁ thank уou fοr your information – Ι've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

    My site - New Bingo Sites
    Also see my webpage :: New Bingo Sites

    ReplyDelete
  18. Тhanks for the gooԁ wгiteuρ.
    It іn truth was οncе a entertainmеnt асcount it.

    Glancе complex to faг ԁeliverеd agreeable from you!
    Ву the way, hοw can ωе communiсаtе?



    Look intо my blοg post - short term loan

    ReplyDelete