.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Waiting…

You may guess that I’m waiting to feel better.  Well, today, I really didn’t feel any better, but at least I didn’t feel any worse.  I do feel slightly drugged up, however.  It has been a real blessing to me that so many bloggers keep posting.  That’s how I’m spending my day…catching up on blogs.  I don’t feel strong enough to do much more than sit, so reading has become my modus opperendi. 

 

My sister called last night and explained that family business had prevented her from calling earlier.  She then said that she wasn’t surprised that I was backing out of the trip.  She had noticed that my posts had become shorter and less often as I traveled north.  She and Stanley will take the trip anyway, which relieves me.  I really hate to miss it because I really enjoy traveling with them.  Oh well, maybe next year.  Hopefully they will spend a weekend or two down here at Pioneer Family Campground during the summer. 

 

One of the things I did accomplish last night was to send the following pictures to Premiere RV in Louisiana.

IMG_1724 IMG_1725

This is the hookup that is located near the engine in the back.  I had Premiere set up a system for me that would allow me to hook my trucker’s antenna to this coupling which runs under the coach and up into my entertainment center to attach to my Wilson Amplifier.  I have only one or two bars reception here, so that’s why I had it set up.

IMG_1720 IMG_1722

This is the connection that comes down from the trucker’s antenna that I attached over the top of the rig, attached to the rear ladder.  Maybe you can tell that the antenna hookup doesn’t have a way of attaching to the rear hookup.  Premiere has promised to make good on a correction ASAP.  I sure hope that happens soon.  I have been really pleased with their work, so I’m hopeful the fix will be sent to me soon.

 

What a storm front we had move through about 4:00 this afternoon!  Thunder, lightening, heavy rain, and some hail.  It was strong enough for me to pull in my slides and hunker down.  There’s a tornado watch until 10:00, so I’ll be watching the skies closely.  If I feel better tomorrow, I really need to go to a grocery store, and do a few other errands. 

 

Thanks for stopping by…. Talk to you later,  Judy

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad, at least, that you aren't feeling any worse. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

    Don't you just love reading blogs when you're too tired or lazy (or not feeling well) to do much else? That's how I've spent part of my day, too. Because of a bad battery in my G4 unit, I wasn't able to stay on-line much, and I had a lot of blogs to catch up on today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're not worse! That's a long way better than feeling bad, anyway.

    I think I'm not mechanically inclined enough to be a solo RVer. I can figure out lot of stuff, but it takes me too long. I'd be stuck for days over a little malfunction. I'd have to have a couple years at RV Tech before I'd be ready to hit the road! I admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the doctor come up with a diagnosis of what is making you sick?

    He must have some idea or how could he give you medication.

    You mentioned he gave you antibiotics. Where is the infection?

    Hope they work on whatever it is. Remember to take them until they are gone, and not just until you feel better!

    Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got caught up on your posts. So sorry you have been sick for so long. Hope you get better real fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Judy, sure hope you get to feeling better soon, this has been going on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that you are still feeling poorly. With the medicine you should be feeling better soon. I sure hope that I will be able to solo as well as you do. It will be very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, antibiotics can help make you well again but they sure can make you feel druggy and yucky! Hang in there; at least you aren't feeling worse. :) Glad you are taking some "down time" for yourself. You know, our rigs need it now and then . . . so we do too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, here is what I am amazed about.....nobody has mentioned that 'chicken soup' thingy for getting all feeling better & stuff. Are we short of chickens now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you aren't feeling any better but glad you are no worse! Be sure to take your meds and get plenty of rest. Oh, Al's idea of chicken soup isn't bad either!!

    Stay safe in all that rough weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, the rain and thunder of the Midwest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope you both are still safe, Judy!..take care and enjoy the reading to pass the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stay safe. I really am grateful we're only facing some rain here in UT. And I'm sure hoping that you start feeling better quickly. Reading blogs is one of my most favorite things. I love being able to get up in the morning and have my toast and read blogs. Makes my whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, be careful out there with all those weather patterns happening!

    It can get awfully scary!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better quick, that antenna if it is being used just as a receiver should be able to change, ask one of the local sheriff's or cops where they have there cruiser radios serviced and call them they may just be able to put a new male & female end on each cable, I have had that done with my antenna's, it shouldn't be too expensive maybe 20-30dollars and the cable ends will be capatable again. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad your sister called. Hope you get your part soon and will fix your problem. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a huge believer in chicken soup (Jewish Penicillin)...even if it's only Campbell's, so go get some...Do you have a shelter to go to at that campground.. when tornado sirens go off? Dennis and I made some fun friends hunkering in the brick bathhouse at Clear Springs CG in Texarkana one stormy night...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your on the road to recovery... The storms are very scary this year... Keep an eye out & stay safe!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete