.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

♪ ♫ Raindrops keep falling on my head ♫

Another wet dreary day in the parking lot.  I’m not complaining, though.  I’m sure they need the rain.  It just meant a day of sightseeing was pretty much out of the question.  I spent the day inside taking care of several things on the computer, and doing laundry.  One of things I did was look at many of my pictures in Picasa.  As I went back through my files, it kind of shocked me at the number of pictures I had saved that weren’t worth saving.  I guess my photography skills have improved some over time, and I spent the afternoon hitting the delete button. 

 

Along about 5:00, the storm was over, the front had moved through, and the sun came out to shine. 

_MG_1435 Emma and I moved outside to get some fresh air.

61 On the way to Indiana4

It seemed to be a good time to take some portraits of my neighbors across the street. 

_MG_1456 _MG_1453

In amongst the cows was one donkey.  I’ve heard this fellow braying before, but this is the first time I’ve seen him.  I guess they were all out enjoying the newly watered grass.

 

The forecast for tomorrow is sunny skies, so my plans are to do the touristy thing and visit the Tabasco factory.  I may also visit a rice mill.  I’m ready to do something besides sitting in the rig!

_MG_1443                                                                                   THE END!!

 

Thanks for stopping by…. talk to you later,  Judy

21 comments:

  1. "The End", why do animals always turn away from us when we want to photograph them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your "The End" pictures. Sure hope you have a sunny day tomorrow. It's been absolutely perfect here in Northern AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your looking for something to see, try the Acadian Village. It's a replica of an 1800's Cajun Village. It is only a few miles from you. They don't advertise it too much but it was very good a few years ago. I think they have a web site to give you more information.
    By the way, the donkey is probably in that field to eat the thistles to keep them under control.
    If you get a hankering to try the Boudin again, ask for directions to Comeaux's, they have the best boudin in the area. Anyone around there should be able to give you directions. Oh, it is pronounced, Co-mo's (all long o's). I wonder if they still do long and short vowels. Funny how some of that stuff just slips out without thinking about it.
    Oh well, enjoy youself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new header photo of the killdeer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new neighbors!! Photo of 'the end' is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been waiting for a change in the header photo!!! No mysterious roommate.. i have been renting 2 rooms for the last 5 yrs, sharing expenses, about time to move on.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new header photo is gorgeous! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm amazed at how I often save the blurry photos as well. I deleted a whole bunch just recently!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you got the music notes!!! Love the photos of your "neighbors" and also your new header photo. That's a great shot of the killdeer. Hope you get LOTS of sunshine tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice ending today Judy!..love how you get that perfect 'angle'!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your new header picture of the killdeer. That's one bird that I can identify by its distinctive sound.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure know what you mean by going back through old photos & wondering why a lot of them were kept. I have a ka-zillion of those & really must take advantage of my delete button one of these days. I found the biggest change in my photos came when I pulled my cameras off their 'Auto' settings & went back to tweaking the settings in 'Manual' mode. And understanding how to work with Picasa has been a big plus as well. I think some of us are so fortunate to have photography as such an enjoyable hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been weeding out photos as well ... I find that when there I put some time distance between taking the photos and reviewing them, I'm more ruthless. The more time passes, the less emotional attachment I have to them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emma looks like the wheels are turning and she is thinking about getting in trouble,I see that look all the time with Rigg's. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never seen a Killdeer so up close and personal..thanks! Great ending!

    ReplyDelete
  16. With the massive disk drives available now, deleting poor photos isn't as big of a priority as it used to be for me. It's still a worthwhile job for a rainy day though and it does bring back some good memories once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I finally learned what a killdeer looks like close up. These birds are great teasers, as Mitzi will attest to. We're looking forward to our trip to MI. See you soon....Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. I you going to offer your neighbors an opportunity to purchase some photo sets? I am sure the last picture would make a great 8X10 on the mantel :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. With those neighbors around, are you SURE the air was "fresh"?? :-)

    Love the picture of Emma - she is so cute!

    Kerri in AL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I first looked at Emma's picture, it looked like she was smiling with a new set of ill-fitting dentures. Then I realized it is just how her chin whiskers (the best of us have them) show up. Too funny!. Ann

    ReplyDelete