.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I gave up

After feeling crapola every other day for the last two weeks, I decided to follow everyone’s advice and give up on the idea that I was going to get better on my own.  So, it was off to Urgent Care this morning for me.  I was there a couple of hours, and the verdict was that I’m now on a ten day regimen of antibiotics.  I sure hope it works, because I’m really tired of being sick and tired!

 

The day before yesterday, I emailed my sister that I just didn’t feel up to our planned two week excursion into Michigan at the beginning of June.  Oddly, she has not responded back.  I guess that means one of two things.  Either she has taken it in stride, or she’s stopped talking to me.  Sad smile

 

It was drizzly all day today, so once I was done at the doctor’s, I spent most of the afternoon indoors.  I’ve decided that I’m going to do as little as possible for the next ten days so I can get rid of whatever ails me.  Of course, that doesn’t mean that I don’t look outside my windows…

_MG_1690 _MG_1684

Mr. and Mrs. Rose-breasted Grosbeak have decided they kind of like the Hard Rock Bird Café.  I have a Baltimore oriole at my hummingbird feeder along with a ruby-throated hummer.  Titmice and nuthatches have also been frequenting the feeders, but not long enough for me to get off a shot.

_MG_1703

This afternoon, a thrush briefly stopped by the woods in my front yard.  It was a very brief stop so I’m not sure yet if it’s a wood thrush or hermit thrush.  Hermits are usually further north, but the bird didn’t appear rusty enough to be a wood thrush.  Perhaps I’ll get a better look tomorrow.

 

I finally met the owner of the campground yesterday.  Turns out the last people to lease this sight were here for about five years, and when they left, there was a lot of junk left behind.  I asked the owner about this and he said he’d take care of it.  My friend, Jack, stopped over last evening to see how I was feeling.  I told him about my encounter with the owner, and he told me not to hold my breathe waiting for the clean up to occur.  Well, what a surprise I had today when I returned from the doctor’s.  Just about all of the junk was gone!  I was pleased about that.  The whip-poor-wills have begun their nightly serenade, so I think I’ll just sit back and enjoy it!

 

Thanks for stopping by…. talk to you later,  Judy

29 comments:

  1. Sorry to read that you hadn't gotten any better, but hopefully now that you're on "drugs" you start getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relieved to hear that you got care and are on medication. I was more worried about you than I let on. When something like that just keeps coming back, it can be serious. Rest up and heal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are still feeling sick...believe me I understand. Hope you feel better soon. I keep having night sweats and can't get my body temperature regulated. Don't know what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the help of the antibiotics, I hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The antibiotics will have you up and ready to go in no time! At least you've got some cheery visitors to help pass the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you gave up & went to the doc & got drugs...hopefully, you will start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are resting. Thats probably just as important if not more then the antibiotics. I'm pretty sure your sister is taking you in stride, that's what sisters do. Keep the pictures coming!! I'm finally figuring out whats landing on my feeders!!! At some point I hope you are able to visit my beautiful state

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you have some medicine to knock out the "bugs". Who knows what lurks in the swamps? I saw my first scarlet tanager the other day--now I have 2 pair of the rose breasted grosbeaks and an indigo bunting to go along with the FLOCK of orioles. Why are there so many this year? Take care my friend. LOVE the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the meds knock out the crud that's making you not feel good. It's no fun being sick and not able to enjoy as much as you could. Be patient and take all the meds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes giving up is the only course of action left. Sure hope you are soon feeling better. Glad you have Jack to check on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had a Rose Breasted Grosbeak stop by our feeder one time in Georgia. It was such a beautiful bird, but it only came that one time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dean took all your junk and put it by me. Lets trade rigs and I'll take your sister up to the UP. Glad you finally made it to the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully, those drugs will do the trick and you'll be feeling better in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is a third possibility...she never got the email. I find a good 20% of my emails either go into spam folders or into the black hole. LOL! I forward it to the person with a new note at the top...just in case you didn't get this. It never fails that they reply back, they didn't get the first one. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad the birds have found you. You must have really good feeders.

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy hope the drugs do the trick and your feeling better real soon!! Lots of R&R sounds like a great plan.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Echoing all the above comments. R & R is probably the best medicine:))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear your on the path to recovery. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you finally gave in and went to the Doctor's. Hope in 10 days you are felling like your ole spunky self. Rest is a good medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope the antibiotics do the trick to make you feel better!
    Wonderful Rose-breasted Grossbeak pics! I've only seen them twice. Gorgeous bird!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good course of action, Judy. Sometimes our bodies needs a little help to recover, though like you, I put it off until I am truely sick and tired of feeling bad. Hope things turn around quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to hear that you haven't gotten better but it is good that you went to the doctor and got meds... Beautiful pictures of the birds!
    Have fun, Get well & Travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Judy - I am so relieved to read that you went to a doctor. I was about ready to tell you "Don't make me come there and take to the doctor!" :) Drizzly, chilly here in NJ, too, so it's a good time to chill out doing indoor stuff! (Of course, with me it was rearrange furniture the other day . . .) Take care, good to see you post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Like everyone else, I'm glad to hear you went to the doctor. Hopefully with the antibiotics and a bit of rest you'll be feeling right as rain soon. Just remember to finish off those antibiotics even after you feel better in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You'll probably be soooo surprised at how fast you start feeling better. That happened to me. You should be feeling normal in a day or two, I hope, and ten days on the meds will get you right back in shape. Good idea to take it easy for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never knew how to spell crapola, now I do:) If your sister is like mine, she may never speak to you again :(

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am glad you went to see the Doc. I hope the antibiotics do the trick and you feel like your old self soon.

    ReplyDelete