.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, May 27, 2011

Cold, dreary weather continues

Just like many of the rest of you, I am tired of this miserable weather.  It was a cold, dreary, unpleasant day.  I know I’m in a weakened condition, but I just can’t seem to get warm.  I have ensconced myself in a sweatshirt covered by a blanket, and I’ve got the thermostat set at 75*!  I’ve never had the thermostat set that high.  It is supposed to get warmer on Monday, and I can’t wait.

 

Folks are beginning to arrive for the holiday weekend, and I imagine by tomorrow morning it will be pretty busy around here.  Since it is an oak forest surrounding the sites here…

_MG_1755 there are enough squirrels to go around.  This morning, one came pretty close to one of my bird feeders.

_MG_1761

I guess he decided to abandon that idea, and moved away foraging on the ground.  There are enough acorns on the ground everywhere to keep all the squirrels fed for miles around.  I sure hope he continues his natural food gathering.

,_MG_1764

I finally got an iffy pic of one of the white-breasted nuthatches ready to visit the café.  I’ll try again once the sun comes out.

 

I am ready to honor past, present, and future men and women serving in the armed forces.  I hope those of you that are citizens will fly our flag proudly.  That’s it for today’s news from Indiana.

_MG_1760

                                                                                   THE END!!

 

Thanks for stopping by…  talk to you later,  Judy

17 comments:

  1. Yesterday, I had sweat pants, a sweat shirt, and a heavy quilt on top of me trying to get warm. I just do not handle this cold rainy weather well any more at all.

    Scooter sure would love to help you keep those squirrels away. She loves "hunting" squirrels from the end of her leash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you keep your head and feet warm and you'll feel warmer all over. Sure hope you start feeling better soon. I think some sun would do us all good.

    I enjoyed your squirrel pictures. I'm one of those people who are actually fond of the little critters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't have to wait until Monday to see the sun! Some sunshine would do wonders for your recuperation!
    Love the nuthatch photo, and the squirrels, too! I hope the natives (furred and feathered) are keeping you amused!

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plenty of warm here in Jersey! Did I mention it is also humid? It's humid! Love your post endings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been freezing too -- supposed to be in the 80s tomorrow -- YAY!! Watch those squirrels -- we had squirrels chew thru 2 water hoses @ a CG in Oct! Look up -- warmer weather & sun on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are suppose to warm up a bit tomorrow, then more each day...please be true! Lots of sun...no rain...no storms would be such a welcome to many of us! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been raining here on the west coast of Canada since, oh, about October with no change in sight. Long range forecast shows a cool, wet June..blah! The only birding I have been doing is from my kitchen window!

    Stay warm and stay safe and enjoy the celebrations! ;-)

    PS...this is YsMum...blogger has been real bad the past couple days and won't let me sign in...grrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I was sweating here! It was 89° when I left work. gah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's cool and wet here too! Hope you get hot weather soon so you can warm up and start feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy,

    It's about time to get the body tuned up and back in shape so you can enjoy your summer adventure in the Midwest. We have no doubt you will be feeling better soon...

    It's cool and very wet along the Oregon coast also. We are wondering if summer will ever arrive.

    Take care of yourself Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In case you have a shortage of Squirrels down there just let me know & will ship you some down. I like Squirrels too but not when they are smashing up my bird feeders. I prefer to be on the warm side too & dark damp days do not work for me anymore. We have had our furnace on the past few nights & days & right now I am snuggled into my recliner with a warm blanket on me. Warm is good....cold is bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The squirrel pictures are adorable. I know they can be very destructive, but they are fasinating to watch. It has been unseasonably cold here this year, but when it gets warm, it is also unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When the rains stop and it warms up we'll get the mosquitos so I'm not sure what I want it to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You might want to have your water supply checked out for organisms, bacteria or amoeba. Or geckos . . .

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been pretty cool but dry here abouts. Nice enough to finish yet another painting project. It was great to be outside again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hang in there, it will get to be more fun. The squirrel antics always make me smile, unless they have just beaten one of my systems to keep them from the bird food :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had some fierce storms this AM..but it's suppose to be 90 degrees tomorrow....Just make sure with this bad stormy weather that you and Emma have an evacuation plan...to the shower house maybe...Hope this comment takes..I couldn't get anywhere for the past few days..

    ReplyDelete