.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I think I’m going to live

In my mind, it was in doubt the last four days, but today I just about felt like half of a human being.  Smile  I even felt well enough this afternoon to do the needed grocery shopping and a few other errands.  I didn’t want to push it, so I returned to the rig as quickly as possible.

 

One of the reasons I came to this campground for the summer was to test it out as a summer location for the next few years.  I’d be near two of my five grandchildren as they grow up.  I don’t want to rush into a decision, and I’ve got a couple of more months to think about it.  But sometimes, a place just feels right.  I’ve done quite a bit of traveling in my five years on the road, and a semi-exit plan has been on my mind lately.  I’d still have the fall and winter to travel, but it would sure cut down on the chore I like the least…driving.

_MG_1733 _MG_1730

The views aren’t as spectacular as Yellowstone, or the high desert of Oregon and Utah, but those images are alive in my memory.  Perhaps it’s also a little bit of a nesting instinct as well.  My mind whirls with visions of little things I’d like to do to improve this 1/4 acre site. 

_MG_1738

I’ve got plenty of time to think further about it.  While Emma and I were sitting outside this afternoon, a red-headed woodpecker was moving through my front yard.  I’m hoping it returns so I can get a better picture of it. 

 

I sure hope my recovery continues tomorrow, but this fever has been a tricky thing.  It quits for a day or two, and then returns.  I will certainly take the full treatment of the antibiotic as I sure don’t want whatever I had to return.

 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

19 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better! Sounds like you will enjoy your time there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that things are looking up. Nesting for a while sounds like a good thing for you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be serious about your recovery--you don't want to end up at Mayo Clinic!!!! I think you have some sort of swamp bug, but I think it started in TX, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better!

    It's ok with me if you do some nesting, as long as you keep taking beautiful picutes!

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Redhead!!

    A re-check with the doc wouldn't be a bad thing either. There's a lot of strange bugs out there and some quite serious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister has had much the same thing with the fever leaving and returning - diagnois-sinus and lung infection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are finally on the mend. Take it easy, and don't overdo it. These stupid viruses we all get nowadays just hang on and on if we don't take care. Emma must love having you up and around and going outside again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are starting to feel better and hope it continues. Keep the meds in you and take it easy even if you start feeling better...you don't want a relapse with this stuff.
    Take care and enjoy the area around you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think after five years it would be nice to settle in for awhile. Your rig is just about like a small condo, plenty roomy for just the two of you.

    Any bad weather there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew you would make it! Exit strategy? Funny, we have been thinking about that since Victoria was born. Still just thinking, but all good things come to an end-hopefully for other good things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to hear you're feeling somewhat better. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. And there is definitely nothing wrong with sitting still for the summer. Especially with fuel prices. We sure aren't doing as much moving around. But I can't get Jim to decide where he wants to plant for a few months in the summer. We have the lot in AZ for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better today, Judy!!..sleep well!!..and maybe tomorrow will be an even better day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear you're feeling better. I think the pictures are great!

    Kate
    http://cholulared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to hear you're feeling better, just don't overdue it and take it easy until you're near 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe you have had a nasty case of the RV'ers version of jet lag. Maybe we could call it rig lag. I don't get sick much but last summer came down with 'something' for a couple months that I still have no idea what it was so one just never knows what one may be susceptible to. Hopefully you are on another road now....the road to recovery:))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you're feeling better. A full recovery is on the horizon. Enjoy those grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sure glad to hear you are feeling better. Some of these viruses can really be nasty and hard to get rid of. Where are you? Do you mind sharing the nearest City to you? You can send the info to my email if you don't want it out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to hear you had a good day, the first of "gooder and gooder" ones to follow! Like the others, I echo that sometimes viruses and bugs can take a long while to completely leave our system and for us to be back at 100%. You HAVE done a lot of traveling and volunteering over the years, so please take time to do the same for you! Since we will be here for a good while, I have been having loads of fun planting flowers and making our site nice and homey! :)

    ReplyDelete