.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, February 27, 2009

Rats!!!

As you know, I have been struggling to get my generator started. It runs for about three seconds and then turns off. Well, my friend John took a look at it today and discovered that a couple of wires had been stripped. It looks like the wood rats of Laguna Atascosa found the wires just before I left. Thankfully, he was able to remove the carburetor and get to the chewed up wires and repair them. What a blessing friends are. I can't imagine what it would have cost to have this repaired, and I don't think any repairman would have driven out here to fix it. After a couple of hours, I flipped the switch and it revved right up. Hallelujah! Thank you John!

Temps today got up into the high eighties, but a front is supposed to blow through tonight and tomorrow it will be thirty degrees colder. I'm planning to take a trip to Marble Falls. I'll check the town out and stop to get some replacement rugs for Emma's throne on the dashboard and get her some more dog food. I've had the rugs almost a year and she has chewed off the borders and they need to be replaced. Hopefully she is beyond the puppy chewing stage and the new rugs will last longer. She does enjoy the view out the front windows.

Just before we came inside this evening, the coyotes began howling. I've seen a lot of evidence of their presence ;), but this is the first evening I've heard their serenade. On Emma's 'first outs' this morning, there was a flock of turkeys gobbling a short distance away. I do enjoy residing in wildlife refuges.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment