Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, February 20, 2009

Taking care of business

Well it got a little colder last night than predicted, and the thermometer showed 25* when I got up this morning. If I had known it was going to go that low, I would have detached the water hose. Luckily, I had a bucket over the connection and the hose didn't freeze. Another good thing is that there was hot air pumping out of the furnace this morning, so I guess it was a figment of my imagination yesterday that there was cool air coming through the vents.

I had several items to take care of today. One was calling my financial adviser and I was shocked when she was actually in her office and able to speak to me. I also had to take care of some other bills. I had gotten two different insurance bills in the mail earlier for the new car. I wasn't sure which bill to pay or if I needed to pay both. I called the insurance company and was surprised to find out that I only owed the smaller of the two bills. The day was surely off to a good start.

The sun eventually warmed things up and Emma and I took a couple of enjoyable walks in the countryside. This afternoon, I tackled all of the magazines that had been piling up for the last few months, read through them, and deposited them in the recycling bin. That eliminated a few pounds from the rig. As the sun began to set, I headed inside to have dinner. I had a pork roast cooking all day in the crock pot and made pulled pork BBQ to eat. I revved up the motorhome engine to keep the battery charged. I do this once a week after having experienced some issues with a dead battery. It seems to work. Then, I hopped up to get the generator going for it's once a month workout. After so many good things today, it was disappointing to me when the generator didn't want to crank up. I'll give it another try tomorrow. I'm not good with engines, so I'm not too hopeful.

All in all, a positive day with only one bump in the road.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment