.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another day in the office

Last night's storm seemed to have left by 10:30, however, another blast of very high winds moved through at about two in the morning. These winds were strong enough to wake me up and fairly rock the motorhome. I listened for a brief time and then floated back off to sleep.

The forecast for the day was continuing high winds, so I decided to fore go my bird surveys and spent the day at the office working once again on the education program supplies. Not exactly my favorite type of work two days in a row! Before I left for work, I had to find out where my small outside table had migrated to in the high winds. Eventually I found it quite a distance away, and after work, I re-established my outside patio area. This was after a quick trip to Lago Vista for milk and a few other supplies. It turned out that every Wednesday is senior day at Ace Hardware, and if you're over sixty, you get a 15% discount. So, I stopped there and purchased some light bulbs, a large plant saucer to use as a bird bath, and a thermometer so I know what the outside temperature is. I had been using a very ugly thermometer with suction cups on the outside of the rig, but it bit the dust in my recent travels. I now have one that sticks to a window and is large enough to actually read without my glasses. Why did I wait so long to get one of these? I just peel it off when I'm ready to roll and put it back up on the shaded side of the rig when I arrive at a new location.

I finally found a Texas grocery with corned beef available at the deli section, so tonight it will be a Rueben sandwich for dinner. I even have some kraut on hand, if you can believe that. Mmm, mmm.

Tomorrow, I'll definitely be doing some bird surveys and hope to get some pictures.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment