.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wildflowers

I switched my attention this afternoon from birds to some of the wildflowers around the RV. I even know the names of them this time!

I started out with this water lily that was blooming in the pond (made from the former swimming pool).

The verbina has been blooming for several weeks and the butterflies have taken advantage of that fact.



The plainsmen have just begun to bloom.

I've posted a picture of this wildflower before, but now I can tell you that it is called antelope horn. Apparantly the seed pod that forms after it is done blooming resembles an antelope horn.

I spent most of the day yesterday working at the office to get things ready for the upcoming Songbird Festival. This morning I opted to go birding and find reliable spots to find the golden-cheeked warbler and the black-capped vireo. The wind really picked up early this morning, and that makes it especially difficult to spot the vireo. The temperatures have also soared during the day, so I've spent most of the afternoon inside enjoying the air conditioning. 92* is hot even with a strong wind!

Obviously this last pic isn't a wildflower, but one of the two tomato plants that I am raising in pots. Fresh homegrown tomatoes are the one thing that I really miss since hitting the road. Looks like I'll have a treat before too long. I can't wait. ;)

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment