.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, April 20, 2009

Elephants don't bite

Recently, I was reading an article in the Escapees magazine written by Kay Peterson, one of the founders of the Escapee RV Club. She suggested that elephants don't bite, but it's the little things in life that get in our way and can prevent us from getting all the joy we should out of living. I really liked that article and have been endeavoring to not let the little difficulties in life get in my way.
I think I'm doing a pretty good job of it in general. However, I admit that I need to try harder in the area of my internet connection. :) I need to remind myself that it wasn't that long ago that none of us could even conceive of the internet let alone be upset by an iffy connection.
So, moving on.... this week we will be preparing for the Balcones Canyonlands NWR Annual Songbird Festival. Next Friday through Monday, we will have many folks visiting to enjoy the migrating birds. So far, I'm scheduled to lead a couple of bird walks. I'll spend a couple of days this week making sure I have my hand on the pulse of where to find those species that most folks will be interested in. It's hard work, but someone has to do it... ;)
The weather forecast for this week is outstanding. It's interesting that I have the furnace on first thing in the morning with the temps in the 40's and by mid-afternoon, I have turned on the AC as the temps rise to the middle 80's.
I'm still enjoying the avian view outside my window!

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment