.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, April 26, 2009

A long day at the festival

I was on the road shortly after 6:30 this morning on my way to headquarters to get ready to help with one of the early morning tours. It was overcast, windy, and there were showers. We headed out anyway, but had a difficult time finding the two endangered species mostly due to the high winds. We "beat the bushes" for over four hours, but never found a golden-cheeked warbler and only had fleeting views of the black-capped vireo.



Once we returned, I was asked to lead a bird hike for beginning birders around Post Oak Trail. This was the same group that I was told I wouldn't be leading earlier in the week, but the person that was going to do the program never showed up. So, it was four o'clock before I finally made it back to the rig and let Emma out of her crate. I was tired and hungry, and Emma was raring to go! We went on a not so long walk and I collapsed into my rocker while Emma enjoyed our front yard.

I think the festival has been a great success and the attendees seemed to really enjoy themselves and that's what's important. There is one more bird tour tomorrow morning, so there's just one more morning I'll have to set my alarm. ;) I've grown accustomed to not setting the alarm and just wakening when I'm ready. I'll be happy to get back to that routine.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment