.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sometimes don't flock together

We didn't have anyone sign up for this morning's bird tour, and because yesterday's trip was such a good one, we decided to offer a bird/photo tour to our volunteers. Four of us hit the road at 7:30 with great expectations. Sorry to say sometimes birds of a feather don't flock together. While we still saw many birds, it just wasn't up to what yesterday was. That was a little disappointing since I had planned to get some good photos because I didn't have to count birds. Yesterday we also saw feral hogs, javalina, and deer, but saw no mammals today. Another firearms hunt began today at noon, so it will be next Friday before we can get on the back roads again.

The trip didn't keep us down for long, though. Shortly after noon, we all car-pooled and headed for South Padre Island. We had all been invited to a luncheon at the home of Paul, who is the current person running the "Friends of Laguna Atascosa" bookstore located in the refuge's visitor's center. What a nice way to thank all of the volunteers that help out at the visitor's center and refuge. It was an enjoyable afternoon.

For me, the best part of that gathering was that three of the other volunteers have offered to help me install a TV that is digital friendly if I decide to buy a new one. That is not going to be an easy task in my estimation. My TV is located at the front of the rig above the driver's seat. A new flat screen would be alot lighter than my present unit and I know I couldn't do the conversion myself. Many of the volunteers here are Escapees and are demonstrating one of the clubs missions...helping others. I'm pretty sure I'm going to take advantage of this offer of help. I have a little under six weeks left here before I move on, so I had better get busy figuring out my new options.

For those of you folks located up north, I thought I'd let you know that the forecast is to have temps in the mid eighties for the next week. Seems to me like you should come down for a visit!

Thanks for stopping by.......talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment