.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, December 26, 2008

Dog and Pony Show

Today was the first presentation of our "dog and pony show"...a powerpoint program about Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge and what visitors can do on the refuge. Janie and I set out for the Eastgate RV and Mobile Home Park in Harlingen first thing in the morning. About forty folks showed up for the program and despite a few technical issues, it all went well. Several people said they would travel to the refuge this afternoon for the tram tour, and I noticed that the two o'clock tour had more than the usual amount of passengers. We are trying to spread the word about all the neat things to do here.

I have been struggling all evening to upload some pictures to the blog. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try again. We have very high winds outside right now, so I'm guessing that is having an effect on my internet reception.

This is a male Northern Shoveler, a duck aptly named for its large shovel-like beak.

It's getting late, so I think I'll turn in for the night. I hope I have better luck tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment