.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Visitors

Robyn, Dennis, and the girls came for a visit this morning.  First thing up was to, of course, do bubbles.  Then, Avery mentioned she wanted to go to the pond.  It’s amazing what these little ones remember from previous visits.  So, off we went down the road to the pond.

62 Pioneer Campground, IN summer, 20113

The pictures today were taken by Robyn.  The girls picked lots of flowers and tossed them in the pond.  Funny thing was the little fish in the pond attacked the flowers.  It added a little excitement.  After lunch, they had to head back home for their naps.  They can’t seem to settle down enough to take a nap in Grandma’s rig yet. 

 

Dennis and Robyn dropped off their weed-whacker today, so I’ll have something to occupy my time next week.  I’m having a little trouble adjusting to all this time with nothing to do.  I guess that’s why I’ve enjoyed all the volunteering at refuges that I’ve done.  All this sitting around is about to drive me wild.  I can only watch the weeds grow for so long each day.  I’m thinking this may just be a one summer only thing for me.  Now that I’m not sick any longer, I’m not feeling quite as negative as I was about the driving aspect of this lifestyle.  I’ve got a few things planned for the next month or so, and I’m hoping that will keep my spirits up. 

 

Robyn and I will be taking the girls to a dairy farm tomorrow, so that should be interesting.  For Father’s Day, Dennis is receiving a day off for having some private time away from parental responsibilities and work.  Perhaps he’ll go golfing or something else that he enjoys.  I sure hope so.

 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

13 comments:

  1. The girls are at such a cute age. I will be spending a week with my grandsons in late July. It should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shots of the girls at the pond!..love the unposed shots better than posed one!..nice work, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at the dairy farm with your cute 'grands' tomorrow. I know they'll have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you are feeling so much better -- great pics of the grandbabies...enjoy the dairy farm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice photo of the two little girls by the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As attractive as it is to sit in one place for a period, after a while, I always find myself getting antsy if I don't have things to do, places to see. I think that's the primary reason why we seldom do a "veg out" only vacation. Occasional outings should cure the antsiness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little girls. I'm sure they will enjoy the dairy farm too. We've been in one are for two weeks and I'm ready to hit the road. I keep thinking that staying in one place for a month would be nice, but I think I would start to get antsy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand how you feel about sitting in one place for too long. When you don't feel well you think you just want to stay put, but the minute you feel better you are itching to be moving. I have been off-again/on-again for the last two years, and I don't have the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grandkids look like there having fun by the pond. Have fun at the farm..moo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a pleasant post Judy, thanks for the great pictures of those little girls! They sure look like they enjoyed themselves.

    John
    relaxedrush.blogspot.com
    connectedtothevinephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots of the kids. Would be interested in how much you paid for a residential refrigerator and whom you had it done with? Looking forward to the 5 year recap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pictures of the little girls. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete