.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A lazy summer day

What a gorgeous weather day it was today.  Low humidity, temps in the upper 70’s, and nothing on the agenda.  So, that’s what I did…virtually nothing.  After Emma and I went on our daily constitutional, I did dump the tanks and weed whacked a little more.  But, that was it.

_MG_2294

Oh yeah, I did refill the birdfeeders.  This nuthatch appreciated that.

_MG_2295

I’ve been trying to get a good picture of the titmouse family that comes by a couple of times a day.  There are about four young ones following the adults, and screaming away to be fed.  What a noisy bunch they are!  They just won’t hold still for a portrait, however.  Sad smile  So, I had to settle for this rose-breasted grosbeak instead.

 

I did call Brown & Brown RV for the status of my repair parts, and they said the new awning should be in early next week, but the basement door panel won’t arrive from Winnebago for another two weeks.  I guess it’s a good thing I’m here for the summer or I’d be chomping at the bit to get the repairs done.  I figured it would take at least a month for the panel to arrive.  Once it does, then it will need to be painted.

 

I spent the afternoon outside beginning the book “North by Northwestern.”  It’s written by Captain Sig Hansen of the Northwestern crab fishing boat.  I’m a fan of the Deadliest Catch show that’s on TV, and thought this would be an interesting read.  So far, so good.  LOREE sent it to me from Oregon.

 

That’s about it for today from my neck of the woods.  Tomorrow is groceries and laundry… ho hum.

 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

15 comments:

  1. Let us know if the book is good! I'm always looking for a new read.

    70* is the perfect temperature, well maybe 72*!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing virtually nothing is good for the soul. :c)

    It's hard to wait for parts, good thing you have the time to wait for them to come it. I guess Winnie has to make the parts and squeeze it in with the current parts they make for the assembly line.

    Paul & Marti

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are currently waiting on a part and an appointment and I am not happy. I so wanted to be on the road before this but no such luck. Gives me more time to spend with our son and his fiance but I'd rather be on the move. Our temps were in the 90's today for the first time. Really wasn't too bad but I like the 80's better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was beautiful here today too. Tried to stay outside as long as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sitting outside in the afternoon reading a book is a 'good day'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sig Hansen's book sounds like a good read. Dave got me hooked on watching "Deadliest Catch" and now we watch it together each week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe that's what I need to do more of...NOTHING!! Sounds good to me. Enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love "Deadliest Catch," too, and didn't know about Sig's book. SonI just bought it and it's on my nook and my iPad so we both can read it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coming by A Camp Host's Meanderings Judy. Your day sounds like it was pleasant enough. I'm listening to an audio book for bookclub. The Heretic's Daughter. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we love Deadliest Catch too!..did you watch tonight?..35 foot waves!!..those guys are just plain 'crazy'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully you will catch the titmouse family soon, but these are great shots. Happy Summer.

    dan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going through the parts thing with my Coachman, on vacation I lost a trim ring for one of the wheels, when I got home I called the dealer who I bought it from, he no longer sells Coachman and didn't have the parts , but referred me to another dealer about 50 miles away that still sells them, they said they would have to contact Forest River, who now makes Coachman and see if they are available,of course I was told that most of the Coachman and Forest River trailers come with aluminum wheels insteah of rings, so my chances are slim, I may have to buy a set of four aftermarket wheel covers to make them all alike again. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is my son's favourite show too. My kind of day, doing nothing. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love reading your blog as the large print doesn't hurt my eyes. Thanks for a pleasant read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today was great here too..I took advantage and sat outside soaking up the sun and nice dry air before the heat and humidity roll in tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete